My boar is basically raping my girl :(

(5 Posts)
ForYourEyesYoniBrian Sun 21-Apr-13 07:37:59

Neutered male btw.

He has times when he chases her around and mounts her, multiple times and she is whinging/crying. I don't like it. I had been thinking of getting another girl for solidarity purposes but I don't know if I could put a baby through it all.

I am really overthinking this aren't I? blush

Poor piggie sad

I'm guessing your female pig will be going into season and your boar (though he's neutered still thinks like an entire) will take full advantage.

Most female pigs will tell an unwanted advances to "Do one" when they get fed up.

Instead of a baby pig, can you look for an adult female to join your cavy group.
If you phone a rescue they can match up.
They'd need to know the full history and pick the right pig for you otherwise you could end up with two pigs against one and potentially a bullying situation.
But your boar might enjoy being the head of a hareem (if he can keep his mucky paws to himself) blush

They will have heard the situation before.

There was a post a while back (IIRC the 'Wedding' was last Easter. The OP had a single boar that she had neutered. They found a bolshy female who didn't get on with other females and matched her with the boar.She was a strong enough character to fend him off) .
I can't remember the OP name but the female pig was called Beyonce.
Might give you some ideas.

Lol @ piggie wedding grin.

As has been said before neutering does not stop boar urges to mate. A sow will come into season about every 16 days and drive your boar wild with desire.

Fatimus would do anything to get to Old Boy the floozey even squeaze under the run. But she squealed all the same as he chased her around the climbing frame confused. Me thinks the lady did protest too much wink

Get another sow, if you want another piggie. Your boar will be delighted to have a harem of laydeez. But I don't think your current sow will get any less attention.

agnesf Mon 22-Apr-13 17:17:43

Hello - Beyonce & my boy are on their first wedding anniversary.

Since the first few days there has been almost no argy bargy and they just rub along like Terry & June.

They have got so fat over winter being inside all the time that not sure if he could manage to mount her if he tried.

agnesf I could not for the life of me remember your nickname but I knew it was Beyonce and Easter. (What does that show about my brain confused )

In my defence I couldn't do a search yesterday.

Glad that your pigs are happy agnesf wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now