Does anyone elses Guinea-Pigs do droppings like these....Pooh thread

(5 Posts)

No photos (yet grin ) but DD has one on her iPod that I might have to put on my profile.

My GP2 (little Abby boar 2.6yo) has always had a bit of a topsy turvey tummy.

When we first got them he did large soft poohs (soft eating ones) that he'd go off and 'sort out' (ie scoff) when we put him in his basket.

Now he does a huge ,smooth ,solid pooh every day. (2nd passing).
Some are cherry sized. Some the size of an unshelled walnut shock

I put him in the run the other day, he had one waiting and just slipped it out on the grass. No squeaking or discomfort.
He does normal poohs as well (when I'm cuddling him so I know they're his)

If he has too much grass, he gets a bit soft but not runny.

Not impaction, he doesn't need the babywipes and a squeeze (yet) but I'm sure when he's older he will.
They don't smell either.

Weird. His brother eats the same, he's fine, normal.

It used to be an odd occasion, now I'm finding them every day in the hay.

FernieB Wed 17-Apr-13 09:09:27

Not noticed anything like this from my boys (yet). Maybe it's something I have to look forward to hmm

If he seems happy then it's probably just the way his digestive system works. Perhaps he's putting them in the hay as a present for you. I would store it away as one of those things to ask the vet about next time I was there.

BTW - we don't need to see the photos grin

If I hadn't seen him deliver one of his Super-Dumps on the lawn, I'd swear we had a capybara grin

FernieB Wed 17-Apr-13 14:58:08

grin Maybe his great great great grandfather was a capybara/GP cross - does he like to swim?

KRITIQ Thu 18-Apr-13 00:23:58

Whoa, DBoar 2 just winced as he read that. I've never heard of anything like it, but so long as he's healthy in other ways, well, just wow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now