Rabbit Awareness Week

(8 Posts)
midori1999 Tue 16-Apr-13 22:57:09

My vet isn't on there either, but I'll get them checked over at their vaccinations anyway.

I think the PAH things are 'educational' rather than vet checks, at least the PAH ones near us are. I might go, I'll be interested in what housing they suggest to people, since what they sell is too small.

Excellent link. Thanks Fernie. I have a friend with a bun who I think will find that useful.

Mine aren't on sad although pets at home are. However I do get face book updates so will see if they update nearer time. They due their boosters round that time so might be able to combine the two

FernieB Sun 14-Apr-13 11:53:28

If you go on to the RAW website, I think there is a list of participating vets.

It certainly is a fab idea! I hope my vets does something for it. Agree that many probably buy thinking they r cute fluffy pets for kids. Even actually they require vaccinations and neutering just like a cat or dog!

Mine are beautiful though squish squish wink

FernieB Sun 14-Apr-13 11:36:10

I think rabbits are one of the most neglected pets but this is mainly due to a lack of understanding of their little ways. Contrary to a lot of people on here, I find them easier and less work than GP's but that may be because mine have been free-ranging housebuns and I have put a lot of work into training them initially. GP's need a lot more cleaning out or at least my boys do.

Current Bun resents the implication that he would scatter 'raisins' or pee on the floor - he only ever does that kind of business in his toilet. He will, however, feel free to grunt at the vet aggressively and maybe try to nip her grin

Sounds like a good idea.
I wonder what % of domestic rabbits are never neutered, vaccinated or have their teeth checked. sad

And those ones which don't get picked up because they are vicious little turds a bit unwilling to be handled (or their owners don't care) ; how many of those poor beasts will have Flystrike in summer?
Horrible thought.

Current Bun can leave a scattering of Rabbit Raisins on the vets' table and pee on the floor for good measure.
Those vets are brave people.

FernieB Fri 12-Apr-13 14:39:03

Whilst at the vet yesterday I found out that from 4th - 12th May it's RAW and some vets are offering free health checks for these long-eared furries. There's more info on www.rabbitawarenessweek.co.uk/

My Current Bun has been booked in - there's nothing he loves more than running madly round a consulting room trying to escape a vet grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now