Lonely rat?

(6 Posts)
Plentyofpets Mon 07-Jan-13 16:27:56

It's easy to I too new friends, I'd recommend getting a pair of babies - he will probably welcome them straight away, I have never had trouble introducing babies to older boys smile

marmiteandhoney Sun 06-Jan-13 13:12:46

Thanks. Will pop over and ask them.

lljkk Netherlands Sun 06-Jan-13 09:29:06

I would ask around on Fancyrats.co.uk, but my guess is he's young enough to adapt well to a new companion. My guess is he'd be best with 2 young rats as new companions, if your cage is big enough.

marmiteandhoney Sat 05-Jan-13 22:12:56

Hmm. Not sure. Maybe 4mths ish?

lljkk Netherlands Sat 05-Jan-13 20:14:00

How old is he?

marmiteandhoney Sat 05-Jan-13 09:15:58

We got a pair of male rats a couple of months ago. They've been delightful. So intelligent, and tame, and interesting.

Sadly we discovered one of them (William) dead yesterday morning. (Children have had 'fluey thing, and I was wondering if he'd caught it?)

We're bothered that Morris will now be very lonely. Obviously he has us to play with, but we can't play with him every hour through the night, can we, or cuddle up in his nest with him.

Is it possible to introduce another rat? Or would that stress Morris out even more?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now