Glossy Box Thread.

(10 Posts)
BeckyBrandon Mon 18-Feb-13 14:47:05

For those that subscribe, would really like to see what everyone gets each month and what you think?

BeckyBrandon Mon 18-Feb-13 14:54:55

I'll get us going...

In this months I got...

Micabella - Mineral Powder Blush in Siera suede
Voulez-Vous - Warming Body Oil
MeMeMe - FatCat Mascara in Ultra Black
Helen E - Moisturising Lipstick in Caribbean
Narciso Rodriguez Perfume sample - For Her L'eau

Bit mixed about most of this...

The blusher I haven't tried properly yet, but had a quick go and it goes on nicely and is also a nice peachy shade.

The mascara - Don't like it at all, it seems like really hard work to get it on? Like it applies fairly thinly and i like thickish mascaras.

The lipstick feels REALLY nice on, but not in my colour.

The perfume - Smells like old ladies...

Not tried the body oil yet...

BobbiFleckmann Mon 18-Feb-13 15:05:24

I['ve quit all the beauty boxes since I realised that their definition of "luxury brand" quite frequently means "some old tat you get covered in dust in the old lady section of a high street chemist". And in miniscule quantities at that.

GetOrf Mon 18-Feb-13 15:12:14

Crikey are these things still going on?

There was a massive craze for them at one point wasn't there, I assumed they had died a death from being crap.

I must say I have never heard of those brands. It's not really my idea of luxury.

If they cost a tenner a month I would rather just go and blow £120 once a year in Space NK.

GetOrf Mon 18-Feb-13 15:15:53

Oh sorry becky - I have just seen your other thread, I didn't mean to piss on your fire. blush

I love this whole style and beauty pics thing though.

BeckyBrandon Mon 18-Feb-13 15:42:07

Haha No probs, to be honest I was a bit deflated when I opened it. Will carry on though until I feel like I'm just getting shite through the post grin

I'm a real stickler for sticking to the same products so was hoping this might get me liking other things, worth a try.

Maybe I should ask MNHQ to change title of the thread to "New make up products" or something then everyone could add?!

<needs inspiration>

LulaPalooza Mon 18-Feb-13 16:14:19

I have been subscribing to Glossybox for about 18 months and it is really hit and miss. They are definitely sending out less "high end" brands than they used to. I have complained frequently about this to them and always give very candid feedback.

This month I got:
Miners lipstick - in a very icky 80s frosted shade
MeMeMe mascara - which will do for a spare
Anatomicals shower gel - smells of roses, not really my thing but will do for emergencies
Sassoon hair stuff - which I can't use on my hair as it contains sodium and I have a Brazilian blow dry
Micabella - eyeshadow in a bronze/ brownish shade which looks ick in the (very tiny) pot but is actually ok.

So, this month's box didn't light my fire.

My tip with GB is to religiously fill in the questionnaires each month and build up glossy dots. I've had 2 "free" boxes so far from glossydots. I'll pay for next months and will get the next one free as I'll have enough dots. Will probably cancel after that.

Oh, and I notice that the beauty bloggers ALWAYS get the better boxes.

GetOrf Mon 18-Feb-13 16:27:15

Miners lipstick! <Lady Bracknell>

LulaPalooza Mon 18-Feb-13 16:53:06

Heh! It's like Heather Shimmer (if you are old enough, like me, to remember that) only really rancid.

BeckyBrandon Mon 18-Feb-13 18:28:30

I'm not a fan of those frosted shades :/

Just had another look at that body oil and it's margarita scented <boak>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now