Have you found the perfect party dress? Do share...

(169 Posts)
NancyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 23-Nov-12 15:58:24

We're trying to compile a list of your most coveted Christmas and New Year party dresses and outfits in time for the festive season, and we'd really appreciate your help - so if there's something you've spotted while out and about or while browsing online, please post the link here and we'll pick some of the most popular ones.

<polite voice> This is thread for genuine MNers to post genuine recommendations. Please don't break our Talk Guidlines by posting spam...

BIWI Mon 26-Nov-12 13:08:46
BIWI Mon 26-Nov-12 13:09:10
BIWI Mon 26-Nov-12 13:09:40

That's really weird - they are showing now!

<slopes off>

BIWI Mon 26-Nov-12 13:10:29

Both from Debenhams, and both reduced.

Pics take a minute or so to upload once posted! Mnhq should add w wee warning about it!

My sister has that dress BIWI! It is georgous!

Georgous?? Gorgeous

garlicbaguette Mon 26-Nov-12 13:36:20

That's luffly, BIWI smile Not surprised it's sold out!

I got this, in red though. The fabric's a bit low-budget, but the cut's brilliant for those of us with excessive waistline lard wink

Chopsypie Mon 26-Nov-12 13:38:03

This is mine, from Dorothy Perkins. Needs big industrial strength stomch holding in pants though, to iron out my lumps and bumps

I really love it, it gives me a nice shape, shows a hint of boob and isnt too short or too long. It is ina weird neoprene type fabric though

AWimbaWay Mon 26-Nov-12 13:46:00

I love this jigsaw beaded dress, but sadly, or luckily as it was very expensive, it appears to be sold out now,

AWimbaWay Mon 26-Nov-12 13:46:56

I also want this Reiss one.

Piccalilli2 Mon 26-Nov-12 14:21:18

Warehouse have one which is similar to that Jigsaw one, it's £80.

I love the Coast Telina dress here - just wish I'd bought it when John Lewis had 20% off, not sure I can justify it at full price

NancyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Nov-12 14:38:18

Lovely photos and suggestions! Please do keep them coming - all very gratefully received.

Although as an afterthought, we should have added that along with the photos, please don't forget to post a link to the dress too (or we can't see where it's from!)

AWimbaWay Mon 26-Nov-12 14:39:31

Have just had a nosey on the warehouse website and can't spot any similar to the jigsaw one?

I guess this H&M dress is similar but I really don't like it, just looks cheap (fair enough, at £29.99 it is!)

In real life the jigsaw dress is stunning, really intricate beading, great cut and hangs beautifully.

AWimbaWay Mon 26-Nov-12 14:42:48
TheyCallMeStacey Mon 26-Nov-12 14:54:52
garlicbaubles Mon 26-Nov-12 14:58:45

That Jigsaw dress was fabulous. I've got a Warehouse top with the same heavy beading, but there's nothing on their website for this year.

Monsoon have got a nice sequinned, fringed, cream mini flapper dress at only £249 <gasp>

www.day.dk/uk/uk/day/night-fine-velvet_1107472/1107473?navId=95

I want this one...

No idea how to do a picture...

maldivemoment Mon 26-Nov-12 16:02:12

This thread is making me envy & sad.

I have two scrumptious, adorable, delightful, beautiful little ones. One is 3 and the other is 4 months and I'm breastfeeding. This (small children and breastfeeding) means there will be no sparkly-bubbles-a-plenty-parties for me this Christmas.
To make this even more pathetic I saw some LOVELY dresses in my local charity shops today shock (can't link, for obvious reasons!).

Sorry to hijack. As you were...

FrameyMcFrame Mon 26-Nov-12 16:30:51

How do you do those picture things???

Super Sparkly Bobby Dazzler! TopShop

poorbuthappy Mon 26-Nov-12 17:05:34

BIWI Mon 26-Nov-12 17:06:12

You save the image from the website (or take a picture of your dress) and then when you post, in the posting box there's a 'choose file' button that allows you to upload your picture.

I covet this dress. I have nowhere to wear it and no funds to buy it but it's perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now