Help! Need smart stylish top for Thursday!

(3 Posts)
TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 20-Nov-12 08:35:59

Have a meal at a very swanky restaurant with colleagues on Thursday and as I will be going straight from work (no time to go home) was planning on wearing work clothes with freshened up make up, a spritz of perfume and no fuss. Have just canvassed colleagues, however, and seems they will be changing into glad rags so am now panicking. Can anyone suggest a smart stylish top I could wear with wide leg black work trousers? Ideally from high street shop (M&S, John Lewis, Oasis) so that I could nip out today or tomorrow in my lunch hour! I am in my 40s and a 14 and never really clothes shop. oh and this is a work do so nothing revealing please. Thank you!

minibmw2010 Sun 02-Dec-12 08:58:01

Have recently bought a lovely tip from Next that sounds like it might work for you: go to their website, look up 'lace high neck top' and it comes in cream or navy. I have the but thinking about getting cream too, so pretty !!!

racingheart Fri 11-Jan-13 23:13:20

Wallis had some gorgeous tops before Christmas. I never usually go in there but found them in a department store and have had loads and loads of compliments on the ones I bought. Worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now