Practical coat for an art student DD

(6 Posts)
mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Mon 05-Nov-12 09:48:00

Ideas please!
I admit I have no style, and only want something practical (i.e warm, not too fussy,possibly rain resistant-dd uses buses) for my 18 year old dd xmas prezzie.
She hasn't seen anything,and is currently walking out wearing my furry coat (I bought it when I was pregnant with her) which is enormous and not rainproof.
She wont wear walking coats, so can anyone suggest anything?
I thought Parka or Reefer but need more inspiration and or links.
Thanks

SparkyTGD Mon 05-Nov-12 16:04:39

Not waterproof but a duffle coat ? this from River Island is cosy but non-traditional looking.

Also RIsland this looks good & more rainproof.

Practical nice parka from H&M

HackneyCabbage Sat 01-Dec-12 20:03:34

I teach in an art school. practical not often on the fashion agenda I'm afraid. But a parka would probably work well....a vintage army surplus one maybe or this (sorry don't know how to link). Urban Outfitters though pricey, is good for inspiration

www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/vintage-surplus-army-field-jacket/invt/5415423740005/&bklist=

or www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/vintage-surplus-flecked-hooded-camo-parka/invt/5415423745678/&bklist=

funnily enough
www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/ecote-mongolian-coat/invt/5133472360012/&bklist=

Colliewollydoodle Tue 04-Dec-12 12:12:19

The art students in my house wear duffle coats from ebay.

Gingersnap88 Sun 09-Dec-12 18:10:17

I was also going to suggest a duffle coat or a trench coat. Topshop have duffles in maroon and dark green, otherwise something vintage?

Bonsoir Sun 09-Dec-12 18:11:26

Budget please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now