Hair curling for DD 10

(9 Posts)
sashh Mon 26-Nov-12 04:46:43

There is always the use of good old fashioned rags.

Graylily Sun 18-Nov-12 08:37:31

I've ordered my 9yo DD strawberry curls for Xmas. I french plaited her wet hair so it would dry curly for the school Halloween disco and now she has me doing it every other night.

iheartdusty Tue 30-Oct-12 21:15:44

excellent, thanks so much smile

OddBoots Tue 30-Oct-12 14:52:32

There are a few youtube tutorials if you search 'curlformers' - this is one of the shorter ones.

iheartdusty Tue 30-Oct-12 14:45:05

Thanks Oddboots, i'm glad you said that about the instructions, they are...unusual! The rollers look promising.

OddBoots Tue 30-Oct-12 14:27:51

Ignore the bizarre perming instructions on the listing, I've never used mine that way!

OddBoots Tue 30-Oct-12 14:25:07

My 9yo dd has some of these (well, we share them) and they work really well if you put them in damp hair with a bit off product and either leave it to try or blow dry it with them in (then let them cool before removing)

iheartdusty Tue 30-Oct-12 14:20:45

Bump?

iheartdusty Mon 29-Oct-12 20:47:33

DD has requested 'hair curlers' on her wishlist for 11th b'day. I think she's a bit young for tongs or heated rollers, although I might consider them - any other suggestions please?

She has thick quite shiny shoulder length hair with a slight wave. So far she has just been experimenting with plaiting bits when wet. I don't know exactly what she has in mind, probably something completely unattainable, such as a full transformation into Cheryl Cole.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now