Comfy leggings that don't squeeze me in two??

(17 Posts)
plipplops Wed 17-Oct-12 22:10:43

I've got quite a few tops/tunics that would be nice with leggings, but the only pair I own (control ones from Avon) are really tight round the waist. I've got big thighs but a decent waist so don't understand why they're so uncomfortable? I don't want to spend a fortune (maybe £15-£20 a pair at the most??) but am so clueless I'm wondering whether to get maternity ones just to get a bit of breathing space?!? Any thoughts would be very welcome...

It'll be because they're control leggings. Normal leggings don't cut you in half.

LFCisTarkaDahl Wed 17-Oct-12 23:17:54

Boden - soft as butter, wash brilliantly, keep their shape. Size down.

YesAnastasia Thu 18-Oct-12 09:01:38

I get mine from Primark. They're really, really comfy, soft & £3.

plipplops Sun 21-Oct-12 16:53:32

Brilliant, thanks! Will try and think of an excuse to get to Primark for some cheap onesbefore going the Boden route... x

plipplops Wed 24-Oct-12 20:51:09

So I got some from Primark, they're dead soft but still too tight on my waist (hmm, maybe I need to be a bit more honest with myself about that tummy?!? It's fairly flat, honest blushconfused). Anyway I've just cut the waistband so they look minging (had better not get run over while I'm wearing them, or ever let DH see) but v comfy! And since they're £3 if they now fall apart I guess I go back for the size 14!

Will keep an eye on Boden for some in the sale, but don't think I could bring myself to chop £22 leggings!

I get Newlook ones, two pairs for £11.99. They are very comfy.

ZombTEE Wed 24-Oct-12 20:59:07

M&S Woman are doing quite well for me.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 24-Oct-12 21:07:37

John Lewis.

bigTillyMint Wed 24-Oct-12 21:09:04

I have the opposite problem - thunder thighs and gaping waist!

LollopingLil Wed 24-Oct-12 21:10:57

Maternity leggings (ahem) are the most comfortable. I hate diggy-in waistbands. They give me the rage!

BillysBeastlyBogeyman Fri 26-Oct-12 19:36:08

M&S leggings are good, they do a value pair for £7 with tight cuffs at the bottom which are v comfy.

PoppyScarer Fri 26-Oct-12 19:38:11

Boden were the best I tried, hands down. Maternity and also I wore their normal ones in early pregnancy. Worth every penny!

I got the recommendation from MN.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sun 04-Nov-12 19:12:38

Boden or Joules.

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Sun 04-Nov-12 19:19:19

I hate Boden leggings they are shiney and look light tights I feel exposed in them grin Mine have gone in the e-bay pile.

The £7 M&S ones are brilliant here the mulberry are a really nice colour.

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Sun 04-Nov-12 19:19:53

Shiny and look like tights

noddyholder Sun 04-Nov-12 19:21:16

H and M 7.99 ones are soft and very comfy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now