Fancy an invite to preview the new Stella McCartney For Gap collection in London or (get us) Paris?

(90 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Mar-10 13:29:54

Hello fashionistas!

Following on the mega-success of last October's launch party for Stella McCartney for Gap, which 50 MNers attended, Gap have just called to tell us they'd like to invite 100 (count 'em!) Mumsnetters (with or without their children) to an exclusive "breakfast preview" of the Spring/Summer 2010 Stella McCartney for GapKids collection.

The preview will take place at on Monday 29 March at Gap's flagship London store (376-384 Oxford Street) from 8am to 9.30am. There will be breakfast catering (natch) and activities for the kids. There is disabled access to the store and baby-changing facilities will be available.

If you can't make it then (or aren't lucky enough to get a place), Gap are also inviting another 100 Mumsnetters to a special event on Saturday 3 April from 11am to 5pm to celebrate the launch of the collection. It's also being held at Gap's flagship London store (376-384 Oxford Street) and is an open children's activity session, where children can get their picture taken with a life-size robot figure or get their faces painted. As before, there is disabled access to the store and baby-changing facilities will be available.

If you'd like to attend either/both of these events, please fill in your details on this form. Invites will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.

But that's not all! There's also a treat in store (literally!) for Paris-based Mumsnetters.

Gap are offering 20 places (plus guest or child) to preview the collection in the Rue De Rennes store on the morning of 29 March before stores open at 9am. There'll be breakfast catering and kids activities.

The Scribe store (1 rue Scribe, Paris 9e) is also running a special lunchtime event on Wednesday 31 March (12 to 3pm). As with the London lunchtime event, there'll be face painting and opportunities for your children to get their photo taken with a lifesize robot.

To reserve your place at this event please RSVP to GapFranceMarketing@gap.com. Invites will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.

Please note: there are no travel expenses for these events, so please don't apply for an invite if you can't get to London or Paris (and back) under your own steam. (And, just in case you're wondering, we're afraid Stella herself won't be there, though her people tell us she is a big MN fan.)

holy moly

BariatricObama Thu 18-Mar-10 13:45:56

she so isn't a big mn fan you gullible fool!

i shall be boycotting all products on account of their londoncentric ways!

I'm with BO and am boycotting too. Anyone would think London and Paris are the centres of the fashion world.

Besides I thought ethically Gap were no longer cool. Has Stella sold her principles short?

BariatricObama Thu 18-Mar-10 13:53:52

yes, last i heard scunthorpe was the fashion mecca of europe

Bonsoir Thu 18-Mar-10 13:58:51

Thanks for this! But your email address for the Paris events doesn't work!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Mar-10 14:22:25

Bonjour Bonsoir - try it again now.

Whaddyamean, BariatricObama? How is gay Paree londoncentric?

Bonsoir Thu 18-Mar-10 14:27:05

Merci Helen!

I think it is very exciting that you are having international events. Is this a MN first?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Mar-10 14:46:26

De rien.

S'good, innit? <reveals lack of street French>

deepdarkwood Thu 18-Mar-10 15:24:05

We went last October & it was fun (albeit not quite what I expected) but kids are still at school on 29th (& I"m not sure 'attending swanky breakfast' would count as an authorised absence...

Ewe Thu 18-Mar-10 16:21:22

Oooh, am in Paris on Monday and Wednesday.

MrsPixie Thu 18-Mar-10 17:49:44

Havedone it but go no confirm email.......

chippychippybangbang Thu 18-Mar-10 18:27:35

bollocks, am actually off to Paris for only second time ever, but not till Thursday. What are the chances??

sarah293 Thu 18-Mar-10 18:45:46

I filled it in because co-incidentally enough, dd will be at the Children's hospice 3rd April and it will be my first day off in 6 years.

Energumene Thu 18-Mar-10 18:47:42

I'd have loved to go to the London one, but it's not practical when you've a school run to do. And I'm with Deepdarkwood on this one - no way will the school let my son out for a breakfast, no matter how posh, and the one thing the school and I both know about my son is that he is honest - quite literally - to a fault and will drop me in it if I try.

Oh well. Have fun, everyone. x

Earthstar Thu 18-Mar-10 19:19:01

Last time Stella did a Gap collection only about 15 items ever went on sale except to media cronies and ebay racketeers and that was only in London iirc

biscuit

tartyhighheels Thu 18-Mar-10 19:21:29

still horridly upset at not being able to get the cute military jacket with braiding as they were all pre-ordered even though i was told i could not pre-order..... bloody ebay bastards

[flounces off slamming door!]

sarah293 Thu 18-Mar-10 19:23:30

you reckon they let unfashionable non-skinny types in?
grin
<hunts out crocs>

I hope this collection is better than the last one. It was very dull!

I did buy two pairs of jeans and two tops for my girls but I bought them in the sale at about 20% of the inflated original price.

<<NL frets that this post isn't in the spirit of the thread>>

Woo stella! Wooo Gap!! Wooh really dull fabrics and colours and ....oh forget it!

grin

BariatricObama Thu 18-Mar-10 19:36:50

yes i thought it was rather joyless. zara with pmt

£35 for a pair of baby skinny jeans!!! (I paid £5.99 - am very smug about that)

<<NL resolves to STEP AWAY FROM THE THREAD>>

Adair Thu 18-Mar-10 21:34:21

Oh I would love to take dd (and ds can stay at home with Daddy) into Proper London on the saturday...
And I promise I will actually come this time blush

Please please MNHQ can you rig the selection process and pickpickpick Riven.

Have only ever lurked and seen her posts but byjove she blardy deserves a treat on "my first day off in 6 years".

[persuading smiley]

NormaStanleyFletcher Fri 19-Mar-10 01:00:55

I was at the last one. V nice food. V nice drinks. No stella. Medeocre goody bags wink

May apply for the next one, only this time I will not look around wondering who is who, but will stand up and say "I am a mumsnetter" in sparticus style. Then claim that I am helen from mumsnet wink

EllieMental Fri 19-Mar-10 08:33:03

where is this lunnon-town place of which you all speak?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now