Navy and cream dress, what colour shoes for wedding?

(48 Posts)
Adair Tue 09-Feb-10 21:38:37

Wedding in MArch. In Scotland (but indoors !)

Am wearing a lovely dress - Navy crochet with cream lace edging, 60s shift style. Thought I'd do cream tights and cardi and...

yellow? pink? navy? shoes?

Maybe wedges or kitten heels?

Dress is fairly short (not a church wedding)but high neck so not tarty.

Can't do proper heels anyway.

happy to look at links, but will be heading to the market/cheapy shoe shops to find a cheap copy grin

Help!

spikemomma Tue 09-Feb-10 21:50:33

What about red? Always looks nice with those colours and would give it an edge.

KristinaM Tue 09-Feb-10 21:55:29

i agree, red shoes and cardi

you will need a jacket or coat - it often snows in scotland in march

tethersend Tue 09-Feb-10 22:24:53

If you're going for a sixties look, I would wear cream shoes to match the tights. Something like this would look good.

I wouldn't do a cardi though. Better a navy coat or jacket, or a cream fur coat.

kalo12 Tue 09-Feb-10 22:27:35

navy

runforit Tue 09-Feb-10 22:29:29
Adair Tue 09-Feb-10 22:30:00

Ooh hadn't thought of cream shoes... will keep a look out. Loving the idea of a cream fur coat, though probably couldn't justify as I will be inside. Agree cardi maybe not formal enough though.

Not sure I could do red and navy. Wouldn't it look a bit primary on me (am shortarse/petite), I think... will consider though.

Thanks all, some good ideas here!

tethersend Tue 09-Feb-10 22:33:21

You don't need to justify a fur coat. Ever. grin

Cream tights and shoes will lengthen legs...

Adair Tue 09-Feb-10 22:33:54

runforit, don't think I could walk in any of those grin. Like the red and brown ones though (and has made me def put red up there!)

Cyb Tue 09-Feb-10 22:34:53

I would do nude, patent

sallyjaygorce Tue 09-Feb-10 22:35:27

I'd wear pink shoes - bright pink. Red, navy and cream is a bit mumsy. Still - I do love a red heel.

Adair Tue 09-Feb-10 22:41:45

[http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/dollie_day/33/5191/16179/1/ nice or disgusting?]]

Adair Tue 09-Feb-10 22:42:14
Adair Wed 10-Feb-10 14:24:22

well...?
Disgusting I take it??

sweetheart Wed 10-Feb-10 14:38:03

yep disgusting.......sorry!

luciemule Wed 10-Feb-10 14:41:07

I'm not getting the cream tights - wouldn't nude tights look better?

Adair Wed 10-Feb-10 15:01:45

Possibly. It's only cos dress is fairly short and thought looking bare-legged might be inappropriate. Plus my mum suggested cream tights <hangs head in shame>

Think I was envisaging a 60s vibe...

luciemule Wed 10-Feb-10 18:11:20

okay - so what about these shoes (not heels really)
here
(not with cream tights though)

tethersend Wed 10-Feb-10 18:23:48

Don't chicken out, adair! Cream tights are ace, and very now, particularly if you're going for the sixties vibe.

I quite like the shoes, but they may be a bit fussy... something plainer and perhaps patent as Cyb suggested would be good. I will look. What's your size/budget?

luciemule Wed 10-Feb-10 18:52:25

I've obviously missed the whole cream tights thing then - off to search for somegrin

Adair Wed 10-Feb-10 18:58:02

Size 4 or 5 (probably 4 with tights?)

Budget about ooh, £3.50? but really depends on versatility of shoes and if I LOVE them (and of course, could see if one of the cheap shoes shops in town have some similar - of which, there are many)

Go on, give me some inspiration!

(lucie, don't really like peeptoes, but they do look walkable in!)

tethersend Wed 10-Feb-10 19:22:56

I was thinking something like these (the cream ones, obviously)- you may not like, but I am a stickler for authenticity with the 60s look grin, or perhaps these? Those ones are wide fitting, but if you're just after a idea to go shopping with, that's what I'd go for. Try Primark.

traceybath Wed 10-Feb-10 19:23:45

Agree a bit dubious about cream tights - they do legs no favours.

I'd do either nude patent or perhaps bright pink.

tethersend Wed 10-Feb-10 19:27:11

You all need to embrace the cream tights. At once.

Look, sleepy young girls are wearing them everywhere grin

luciemule Wed 10-Feb-10 19:29:01

Hmm - still have to agree with traceybath. Think they're okay with brown cord mini skirt and brown boots for example but bright pink tights would look fab.
Have you decided against navy/patent knee length boots - could look great and you could wear nude tights and not feel 'bare'.
Would be warmer for March too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now