Nightwear with hidden bust support

(70 Posts)
Carulli Fri 30-Oct-09 17:13:33

Hi. Does anyone know where you can get a nightdress that is feminine and pretty which has some bust support. Perhaps like those secret support swimming costumes? Ideally knee length. Don't care too much about the fabric. Have seen those at Bravissimo but a friend doesn't rate them. Thanks

Lulu19 Mon 05-Jul-10 20:15:39

I am starting up a business selling nightdresses that support the bust, for women like us who want to look glamourous despite either having a big bust with no silicone implants or having had children so everything is heading south! Are you still interested? We will be looking for people to try our designs.

Helium Mon 05-Jul-10 20:22:01

What a good idea - I would be interested in helping you. The only place you seem to be able to get anything is M&S and then they only do the vest top type things - a nighty would be great. I'm not that bothered about it looking glamourous (see-through or whatever!!)- just want something comfy, supportive and nighty-like.

Maryqueenofchocs Mon 05-Jul-10 20:39:01

Lulu can I join in too, 38d and very muchly would like nightwear with secret support....thank god someone is doing something at last!

makeupmummy Mon 05-Jul-10 20:47:34

Me too,please! 36DD,like bit security,bit glam too good!

WashIrving22 Mon 05-Jul-10 20:50:09

Oh my word Lulu - can I join in too? 34K and after 2 kids, all definitely heading south....have to wear a bra to bed otherwise v uncomfortable.
Sorry OP, not aware of anything apart from Bravissimo at the mo

Tootiredforgodtyping Mon 05-Jul-10 21:22:36

me too 34 F!

moragbellingham Mon 05-Jul-10 21:32:21

And me too. 32E but not where they used to be after a 2 and a 3 year old!

AlCrowley Mon 05-Jul-10 21:33:08

32GG here!!

Those M&S vests are just pointless for me, I spill out over the top sad

Bravissimo PJ's are OK, better than nothing but I'd prefer a bit more support than they provide.

I'd quite hapily be a guinea pig for something new Lulu.

moragbellingham Mon 05-Jul-10 21:34:35

Sorry Carulli, I would've suggested Bravissimo as I don't rate anything with the so called "secret support" from anywhere else.

WhatsWrongWithYou Tue 06-Jul-10 13:18:00

Can I sign up as a guinea pig too?

32E, was just about to plunge in and order a nightie from Bravissimo as they're finally doing a cotton one, but maybe I won't bother now.

Exactly how bad are they? I currently wear the only non-wired bra I could find in my size on Figleaves, which I wouldn't wear in the day but is better than nothing at night.

Would you not even recommend the Bravissimo ones for bed?

Maryqueenofchocs Tue 06-Jul-10 13:22:08

Lulu where are you?? Come back and save us from saggy boob at night syndrome!grin

KatyMac Tue 06-Jul-10 13:37:23

Me too

I don't want vest tops my arms get cold

Brushed Cotton, flannel even but please normal colours not baby pastels/red & black

MrsAMoose Tue 06-Jul-10 13:57:27

Me too please Lulu! [jumps on band-wagon]
32F and HATE nighties that have 2 bits of "string" over the shoulders, hold nothing up, or even in!!!, or together, and invariably end up swinging round me in the middle of the night and choking me. Bad enough that my baps end up in my armpits when I lie down.
Also - while I don't want a long-sleeved, to the ankle flannel one, my shoulders get a bit cold in a string one. I don't neccessarily want a silk negligee (sp??) but no flannel please.
PLUS... please no cutesy-pie kittens or dogs or princesses - (I am 37, not 7) or generally hideous 'transfer' pictures that I will burn with the iron and will look shit after 4 washes.
I have a vest thing that has elastane in the strings and it is slighty better as it moves with me when I turn round instead of hurting my shoulders and waking me.
God I am picky. But I have put ALOT of thought into this!!!!

LimaCharlie Tue 06-Jul-10 21:54:06

And me - not so bothered about run of the mill nighties as DH knows how saggy I am but would be nice to have something supportive if staying at someone elses house

And me 40E

MrsZuko Wed 07-Jul-10 09:24:43

Me too please - 34E and would love to have something to wear round the house on a weekend that doesn't involve struggling into a bra!

CrunchyNutCornflake Wed 07-Jul-10 09:27:25

Lulu I'd be interested also.

Sounds like your business would do well! From MN market research at least grin

KatyMac Wed 07-Jul-10 09:28:55

I hate the 'string' too - it cuts you in half or strangles you

Poodlehorse Wed 07-Jul-10 11:08:25

Can I wave a hello here too, I am a 32G and so some kind of support is essential and not just those shelf thingies as that just doesn't cut it with these babies.

I think your business idea sounds like a major go-er after all these replies! Would definitely be interested in being a guinea pig/buying.

I have been reduced to buying those vest type bra thingies from Charlotte and Co for those days when I need some kind of strapping down but can't face a bra or indeed to sleep in when I get hormonal boob pain and no support = no sleep, like this week.

I will admit to loving the bravissimo cami tops (daywear) with built in bras but do they HAVE to be so padded? I am big enough already!

MrsAMoose makes some very valid points

TheChewyToffeeMum Wed 07-Jul-10 13:21:11

Oooh me too. I have finally got round to throwing out all my nursing bras which I had been wearing in bed. I am comfy enough sleeping in a t-shirt style nightie (no spaghetti straps or cartoons please!) but I hate catching sight of myself in the mirror and seeing my previously perky 32Fs somewhat lower than I expect them to be!

Crumplet Wed 07-Jul-10 20:36:26

Sign me up! 30e. Best I have found so far is the Carriwell support bra (like a sports bra shape with some shaping to fit the boob in but no seams, very comfy and better than nothing/MandS/Bravissimo IMHO. Problems are 1. it aint cotton, 2.It's not as supportive as ideal, 3. It looks shit.HTH!

WhatsWrongWithYou Wed 07-Jul-10 22:57:26

I know what you mean, ChewyToffee, and I also would rather the DCs didn't see the full tragic truth!

tostaky Thu 05-Aug-10 15:09:33

I am a C-cup Lulu if you need someone!

Novascotia33 Thu 05-Aug-10 18:17:40

32DD I've been looking for something like described for bloody years, even before I had kids, haha. If Lulu doesn't come back I'll start the business myself, we need to set up a 'support' group smile

sydj Sun 08-Aug-10 20:33:04

Oh yes please Lulu! I was searching the net for a nightie with integral support and didn't find much apart from the thread for this discussion forum. 32G and fed up with wearing a bra to bed!!!

UML Sun 08-Aug-10 20:40:04

Anyone tried these?

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product=figleaves-basics-Padded-Secret-Support-Cam i-dd+&product_id=FIG-F105249&size=&colour=White

UML Sun 08-Aug-10 20:40:18
ladylush Mon 09-Aug-10 10:27:09

Fab idea. Up for being a tester Lulu - am a 36C.

meerkate Mon 09-Aug-10 17:23:28

32D and would love a greater choice of secret support nightwear - refuse to wear nighties at all as things stand, due to afore-mentioned heading-south syndrome, and live in m&s vest and bottoms right now, lulu, there is a NEED here grin

brimfull Mon 09-Aug-10 17:27:39

I use a sloggi comfort crop top bra thing under my normal pj's.

Gemg Fri 13-Aug-10 21:27:56

Me too please Lulu!!!!! I agree with all the above. Am 39 with 32F down to my waist - bedtime depressing

sfxmum Fri 13-Aug-10 21:30:48

yes please huge gap in the market
but nice breathable material please

wear M&S tops too

OH please can I join in??
36HH here and slowly loosing hope of ever having clothes that fit properly ever again.

akeeyla Wed 27-Oct-10 15:25:13

I would love to help create a new supportive nightie that is flattering, comfortable (using breathable fabric), easy to fasten and affordable for the larger boobed female. THERE IS A HUGE UNTAPPED MARKET!

Certainly Baravissimo have a night dress in their range which is improving on every updated version as the seasons pass. However I believe there are still improvements that one can make, besides they could do with some competition!!!!

Personally I have studied art and design for two years and worked in pr and marketing for several years prior to having children - I know that I could be useful to you in more ways than one. And besides...I am one of those larger ladies on top myself albeit with a small frame in every other way.

To be honest I am looking to finally return to work now that I have both my children in university, my husband installed working a good part of the time abroad and my parents in a position whereby they are less needy of my help.

Look forward to hearing from you......Liza

akeeyla Wed 27-Oct-10 15:38:57

Hi Lulu,

Left u a message today. Let me know if I can be of help!!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Liza.

myhusbandrocks Sat 18-Dec-10 00:42:22

Hi me 30ff same problem - have been searching for ages - bravissimo just do the ones with thin straps as mentioned above - and their nighties are all satin - I would like something comfy, warm, cotton in nice colours! Would love to cover my arms too! Help!

ullainga Sat 18-Dec-10 09:42:18

OK this might not exactly be the sexiest, but this Bravissimo pyjama top is amazingly comfy, can totally recommend. much better than the previous versions they made.

But there is definitely a market and not only for night dresses - jackets, shirts, dresses - they are all made for B-cups!

Me too - 34GG here! I never wear anything to bed because nothing is comfortable, big t-shirt type nighties just look awful with no bra underneath, and anything vaguely strappy always ends up tangled up with my boobs half hanging out. But I do then feel cold when I get out of bed to go to the loo! Something comfortable and reasonably stylish would be most welcome. Quite like the bravissimo stuff but it's quite £££££ and a lot of the styles are on the frumpy side IMO (clothes, not nightclothes).

monkeysmama Sat 18-Dec-10 14:06:41

The nicest I've found (I am 34FF) is the Lepel Wild Rose range. I have the nightie, pyjama bottoms and matching bra. It was last year's style but there are still some available on eBay. I can't link though for some strange reason.

64mc Sun 26-Dec-10 19:08:31

Hopefully Lulu is off designing those sexy but warm nightwear garments as we speak-why is there such a lack of boob support nightwear!? 32 FFs falling fast!

AnyFuckerisFucked Sun 26-Dec-10 19:11:52

please could you not forget the less well-endowed ladies ?

I am a B cup, but boobs wrecked by bf

I always wear a bra to bed, because I cannot stand the feeling of floppy boobs ending up under my armpits

CheekyWeeBauble Sun 26-Dec-10 19:57:41

Another guinea pig here with Miranda style 'breast clap' problem grin - 38F's

DeeDeeMonae Fri 07-Jan-11 19:20:05

A friend of mine is also in the process of setting up a business selling nightwear with hidden support. She has bestowed the job of design director to me which Im very chuffed about! I know how every body feels because I'm a 34GG and only found this discussion purely by accident when researching if any other brands sell nightwear like this already...
So any suggestions on styles, price range and fabrics would be much appreciated! I suppose that would help LuLu too!

I wear a vest in bed, not exactly supportive, but keeps my 30G norks together, helps avoid doing the nork slap thing that Miranda did when turning over in bed on a recent episode.

LoveRedShoes Fri 07-Jan-11 22:02:37

Me me me! 34D!

NoobyHoHoHo Fri 07-Jan-11 22:07:30

oh please oh please oh please me too! 36E, and wearing 2 ancient vest tops with built in shelf. I would love proper pyjamas with sleeves!

madammecholet Sat 08-Jan-11 10:20:25

dee dee i'd like

- lots of lycra

- wider shoulder straps rather than spaghetti, both look better for bigger boobs and give better support.

- not too short, with bigger boobs you take up more fabric, so it needs to be longer in the body imo.

- A range of secret support vests, both plain ones, and maybe some more sexier ones with lace/velvet/satin. RRP up to £15-£20 per vest then i'd buy more.

- even some secret support T's. In the winter a vest top is a little cold, and I don't want to wear a bra in bed.

- A secret support slip, with great bust support but with them still on show, i.e a deep v or scoop. RRP up to £40 so again i'd buy more than 1.

Fabrics, I would have a range of plain cotton with lycra, then introduce more luxurient fabrics, silk/velvet/satin, as you go up the range.

You need entry level products to gain interest, and upsell products to gain greater margin.

imo

blushingm Sat 08-Jan-11 13:46:08

and meeeee 38hh

greenlotus Sat 08-Jan-11 13:57:47

The best PJ top I have, and its greying now, is an old M&S secret support vest. All it has is a double front with a bra shelf, but it's good and stretchy, not too low in the front, and the bra band isn't so tight you can't get the thing on. And it has wide straps like a vest. I will send a photo if you like!

I have various Bravissimo efforts but they are not ideal, I think they try too hard and are often uncomfortable when lying down, the straps need to be so tight. I've recently bought the teal satin PJ's from the last catalogue.

Better a simple cotton/lycra top and maybe a nightie version with a bit of lace. like a nightwear version of those Boden cami's.

Or look at the sort of thing they sell for sports/dance wear (presumably for women with no bust at all if they can contemplate dancing without a bra)

CorrinaMul Tue 19-Apr-11 07:39:02

HI Lulu

I am interested in starting a business in the North East and I am trying to source a supplier for nightware with secret support. Did you get your business off the ground?

If so would you be looking for a distributer?

Tofino Mon 25-Jul-11 12:43:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

nozmum Wed 27-Jul-11 21:35:34

the carriwell maternity bra is the best I have found -even when not preggo- supportive , v comfy, no clips or seams. Not in the slightest bit gorgeous but looks ok-ish with shorts

nozmum Wed 27-Jul-11 21:37:26

best for sleeping that is - would be bugger all use to my swinging 32Gs in daylight/doing anything more strenuous than reading Hello in bed

hellymelly Wed 27-Jul-11 21:44:01

32 ff and ditto,not the fabulous solid pair they were before years of breastfeeding. I wear an old too-big nursing bra to sleep in as I feel uncomfortable with no support but too tight gives me backache if I sleep in it.

twoistwiceasfun Wed 27-Jul-11 22:23:37

I think Lulu has run away grin I would love some night support, but it would need to be easy to access for breastfeeding, so Lulu if you need any guineapigs in a 36FF with nursing hooks, I'm in wink

Debthames Wed 24-Aug-11 18:06:29

What I really, really want are those beautiful nightgowns that are worn by the TV character Chelsea in Two and Half Men. Big busted gal with fabulous support nighties in long versions and 'to the knee' Have tried to search where these are sourced but no luck - :-(

caffinequeen Wed 24-Aug-11 20:57:34

Crumplet are you me? I'm the same size and resort to the carriwell bra too. Not really a fan of the styling either but preferable to the non-bra look. Prob would be better if mine hadn't started to go grey (the bra, not my boobs).

thinkthinjen Tue 11-Oct-11 16:24:42

Hi there
Just found this post and wondered if anyone has discovered winter nightwear with integral support - ie NO VEST TOPS!!!

moragbellingham Tue 11-Oct-11 18:16:25

If only!
I'd be wearing them all year as I don't like vest tops/spagetti straps for summer.

keds13 Sat 14-Jan-12 18:42:27

maydaychild Sat 14-Jan-12 19:03:35

Sorry keds, I saw nothing on that website suitable for 32f boobs!

<wails very loudly> come back lulu

Liveinthepresent Sat 14-Jan-12 23:37:40

Still waiting for lulu...
Like monkeysmama my biggest success has been a Lepel nightdress.
DH bought it for me for Christmas as am starting to move on from nursing bras etc.
It does has thinnish straps but is very supportive.

Laura301 Mon 23-Jan-12 16:08:35

Laura301 Mon 23-Jan-12 16:09:34

MalibuStacy Mon 23-Jan-12 16:11:27

Bravissimo do some for larger-busted ladies.

JoeyGx Tue 07-Feb-12 15:47:30

Lulu19 - I too am in need of support - 36GG - When are you launching your night range?

babybarrister Sat 16-Nov-13 21:02:44

So, does anyone yet have the answer apart from Bravisimo?!

Cupcakesaway24 Sat 12-Apr-14 15:52:12

Hi did you start up the business..if so what is it called as I'm desperately trying to find some nice nightwear with support. If not does anyone no where I can get some?

Thanks

NoGoatsToe Sat 12-Apr-14 16:26:54

Best I have found are the Hot Milk nighties. Found them in local fancy lingerie shop but they have a website. Not much choice online but if you can find a stockist near you they seem to have a much better range. www.hotmilklingerie.com/nighties/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now