Uniqlo sizing?

(9 Posts)
Neena28 Fri 01-May-09 10:58:48

Having read lots about uniqlo in the mags and seeing quite a few bits I like I am wondering about ordering some bits. Most of their sizes seem to be small, medium, large etc though with small being 8-10 and medium 12-14. So if I am a definate 10-12 what should I buy?!!!

Also any experince of the quality, cut etc. They seem cheap so I am presuming it is not fantastic?

Thanks

EldonAve Fri 01-May-09 11:04:40

Have you checked your measurements against their size chart?

SoupDragon Fri 01-May-09 11:07:13

I've always found the quality to be pretty good, actually.

Neena28 Fri 01-May-09 11:08:38

Yes I kind of have! Haven't got a tape measure and know i have put on a little weight lately. I just never really trust what they put on the size chart to be honest. I know in some shops sizes can vary between styles and was also wondering if they were like that there. Iyswim? Was hoping someone could say oh a medium is like a next size 12 or actually like a next size 14 then i would have more idea.

Neena28 Fri 01-May-09 11:10:04

thanks soupdragon. Do you just buy your standard size as such?

ksld Fri 01-May-09 11:17:05

I am a size 10-12 usually - so for example in Next I would try on the size 12 and usually it fits, although sometimes I can get into a size 10. I always get a Medium size top in Uniqlo. They are not large sizes I don't think, but I have plenty of room in the Medium. Trousers are more difficult - I have a pair of size 10 jeans that fit perfectly from Uniqlo and 2 pairs of size 12 that also fit perfectly. Uniqlo quite often have free returns or other offers. If you can't get to a shop I would wait until they have an offer on and order 2 different sizes so you can try them both out....
Quality wise I think they are fabulous - my DH has a top from there that is 8 years old and still looks really good.

Neena28 Fri 01-May-09 11:27:17

That is perfect thanks ksld. I am miles from a shop so didn't want to be faffing round sending things that were ridiculously wrong back etc! Great tip too about free returns etc thanks

OrmIrian Fri 01-May-09 11:28:41

Good quality. Possibly slightly smaller sizing.

willali Fri 01-May-09 11:37:40

I agree re small sizing - I would go up a size esp for jumpers which are cut to fit IYKWIM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now