Style gurus - I need a mahoosive gold wrap/shawl/pashmina doodah!

(24 Posts)
Califrau Thu 22-Feb-07 19:25:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Califrau Thu 22-Feb-07 23:34:22

simplycontrolfreaky Thu 22-Feb-07 23:44:50

blimey. see what you mean.... but some of those thread titles are just asking to be ignored .... not yours of course. afraid i have not an ounce of a clue about gold pashminas..... what happens if you type that into google usa?? or dont you have same rubbish small ads in the back of magazines that always seem to be for pashminas in uk??

scatterbrain Thu 22-Feb-07 23:51:14

I've got one you could borrow if you don't have any luck !!! It's only Accessorize and is manmade - but it is very nice !!! Non metallic !!

MrsJohnCusack Fri 23-Feb-07 00:18:45

GOOD CHOICE!

now - what about this (ignore deeply scary model)
this
this
this

the other option is to go to a fabric shop and buy some & hem it yourself. My bridesmaids had gold wraps threaded through with crimson (to match up their dresses and mine) and we bought the material v.cheaply at the same Indian silk shop in Southall that we got my dress material from. Not v.handy for you (obviously) but there must be something equivalent?

MrsJohnCusack Fri 23-Feb-07 00:19:57

their wraps were organza

amazon US seems to have loads of pashminas for sale

Califrau Fri 23-Feb-07 00:24:27

Califrau Fri 23-Feb-07 00:25:12

Califrau Fri 23-Feb-07 00:26:26

MrsJohnCusack Fri 23-Feb-07 00:36:09

I quite like it - but think it is too busy. sorry!

there are loads on ebay - loads

Califrau Fri 23-Feb-07 00:39:12

Califrau Fri 23-Feb-07 00:39:57

MrsJohnCusack Fri 23-Feb-07 00:44:07

hee hee

loads of contractions last night, some today, think they are just braxton hicks though

it'll be March, I know it....

Califrau Fri 23-Feb-07 00:52:51

MrsJohnCusack Fri 23-Feb-07 01:02:01

my antenatal friend emailed me yesterday to say good luck, but also that she wouldn't bother me again - she went 18 days over in the end as it took so long to induce her - and went into the next calendar year. so she knows EXACTLY how annoying it is!

I do feel like it might be soon, but then as I was induced last time what do I know?

actually not TOO fed up this time. perhaps because there are plenty much more irritation things going on in my life at the moment...

Califrau Fri 23-Feb-07 01:36:39

nearlyfourbob Fri 23-Feb-07 03:54:08

Tell us about your irritating things. I love hearing about your inlaws it makes mine seem quite normal - also they are 300 miles away at the moment so not very entertaining.

alipiggie Fri 23-Feb-07 04:21:05

Here you go have a look at this site Peachy Couture

MrsJohnCusack Fri 23-Feb-07 05:33:50

ah well, all is suspiciously quiet on the inlaws front - all the recent webcam conversations have coincided with midwife visits. This doesn't make me feel better though - there's bound to be some sort of drama in the offing...They are supposed to be coming in April. I won't believe it until I see MIL on NZ soil.

no the irritating things are just the usual crap - ill parents, DH can't even get an interview for any sort of job, he's been home now since last May and is driving me INSANE, we have no income, I did make it to my clarinet audition on Tue but probably shouldn't have as I really couldn't play at all and so have given the impression I am shite (really wanted the job as it is the ONLY one there is and no idea where I can do orchestral playing now, plus money would have been v.handy), homesick at the moment, etc, etc.

I think I am just a bit knackered after moving here and sorting out so much in such a short time, and I have done most of it and feel DH is slacking really...should all get better in a few weeks I hope!

whinge, whinge, whinge....

nearlyfourbob Fri 23-Feb-07 06:25:26

He may have to "ahem" widen his search. Dh and I both did our fair share of crappy temp jobs, but they do pay something and you meet people, which in Christchurch is very important.

For instance I worked at the College of Education and although useless as a receptionist was trying really hard and was apparently really nice to Julie Wylie who came into the department and remembered me 4 years later when I decided to go back into music.

Presumably because you are a NZ citizen you are getting all the family tax credits etc. though annoyingly missing out on a fair wodge because the best one you have to be working to get!

Califrau Fri 23-Feb-07 17:38:42

scatterbrain Sat 24-Feb-07 19:28:18

I take it you don't want to borrow my gold pashmina then ?

Califrau Mon 26-Feb-07 18:26:46

pashminasandwraps Tue 06-Sep-16 18:29:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now