Silicone free hair serum??

(11 Posts)
Indecisivejo Tue 29-Nov-16 09:22:06

Do any exist?? Also something not too fragrance heavy or oily?? A lot to ask lol

Dulcimena Tue 29-Nov-16 09:32:06

Listening. I haven't yet found a serum I like...

Phyto defrisant (on wet hair) deals with my frizz, and phyto 7 (on dry hair) is like a hair "day cream" so smoothes it a bit. Giovanni 2Chic Avocado and something blow dry spray definitely helps with swishy hair but isn't a serum as such. Phyto secret de nuit is an amazing overnight treatment, super swish the next day. But still not a serum!

PeachMelba78 Tue 29-Nov-16 09:43:33

This is silicone and paraben free oil, but they don't advertise it. However the ingredients list doesn't include any of them.

www.boots.com/en/Schwarzkopf-got2b-Oil-licious-Tame-&-Shine-Styling-Oil-50ml_1330195??&cm_mmc=bmm-_-google-_-PLAs-_-Boots%20Shopping%20-%20Category%20-%20Toys&gclid=CK-v95PWzdACFdMV0wodG3EBCw

Dulcimena Tue 29-Nov-16 09:47:18

The first two ingreds of that got2b one are silicones, unfortunately...

Indecisivejo Tue 29-Nov-16 09:47:18

Oh thanks so far people smile

Indecisivejo Tue 29-Nov-16 10:13:21

That got2b one is silicone based sad but thank you

Indecisivejo Tue 29-Nov-16 10:14:10

Sorry Dulcimena didn't see your post!

botemp Tue 29-Nov-16 10:35:39

What do you need it for? Taming frizz? The Christophe Robin Hydratant Santal (£££ though) is paraben, alcohol, silicone, and colourant free. Very mild fragrance. Not technically a serum but similar in texture to Kiehl's Silk Groom Creme, best used on wet hair to tame ends, keep it smooth and hydrated.

The Kiehl's creme might also be silicone free (from memory) and I'm pretty sure that it's fragrance free but has a bit of a smell, dependant on the person whether that's pleasant or not confused.

Not a fan of putting either at the roots though so may not be the thing you are looking for.

KiwiKay Tue 29-Nov-16 13:20:58

I like this one from Leonor Greyl - www.cultbeauty.co.uk/leonor-greyl-serum-de-soie-sublimateur-nousrishing-hairstyling-serum.html

Indecisivejo Tue 29-Nov-16 13:21:56

Hi botemp. It's to put on mid lengths/ends before I dry and straighten

Dulcimena Tue 29-Nov-16 14:01:17

I never got on with the Kiehls - think I either used too much or too little and it ended up feeling like hard work!

If it's for blow-drying/straightening I really recommend the 2Chic avocado and olive oil spray. I was using the keratin and argan oil version which was ok, but this stuff is great. Not too £££ either. This is the stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now