What top to wear with black pleather mini skirt?

(11 Posts)
Trickymoments Mon 28-Nov-16 21:57:17

Rare night out coming up & I've got a new skirt, black leather look mini but I'm not sure what sort of top to wear with it. I'm 43 and don't want anything revealing for fear
of looking like Liz Mcdonald

CaroleService Tue 29-Nov-16 08:15:34

Skinny rib polo?

imjessie Tue 29-Nov-16 11:35:48

Velvet body .. sparkly fine knit? I've got a lace Blouse which I'm wearing with a black Cami underneath . I'll get the link . It's nicer in real life and I'll wear it tucked in .

imjessie Tue 29-Nov-16 11:36:05

I'm 42 by the way .

imjessie Tue 29-Nov-16 12:43:05

I can't find the link .. looks like it's sold out.. have a look on Pinterest. I get loads of ideas from there !

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Tue 29-Nov-16 12:49:16

For going out I usually wear my black leather mini with a top like this. Black or dark red/green. Opaques and heels.

Cami underneath the top obviously!

RedHouses Tue 29-Nov-16 12:52:39

I bought a really gorgeous deep blue velvet tee from Primark at the weekend. It was only £6 and looks much more expensive! I bought it to wear with a similar skirt to yours and it looks very nice.

Openup41 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:36:15

I would wear it with a fitted top too. Great for showing off a slim waist!

Trickymoments Tue 29-Nov-16 20:35:29

Thanks for all the ideas. My waist is not as slim as it was😩
Lace makes me itch but velvet sounds nice. My skirt is kind of an A line mini not pencil style, don't know if that makes a difference.
Any more suggestions or pictures would be appreciated & links of where to buy. I'm very out of touch as hardly go out now & worried I might look silly.

Whocansay Tue 29-Nov-16 21:12:44

I have a similar skirt and just bought a black and red Bardot top from Miss Selfridge (not fitted). I intend wearing with black opaque tights and ankle boots. I am 39 and am hoping I don't look like mutton!

DrScholl Tue 29-Nov-16 21:44:03

link skirt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now