Gold or black shoes/bag? Pic!

(13 Posts)
Idefix Mon 28-Nov-16 20:03:57

www.polyvore.com/phase_eight_silk_handkerchief_dress/thing?id=29452737

Please suggest a style of shoes I can wear with this dress. I love my dress, I feel elegant and grown-up when wearing it.

I want shoes that I can maybe wear with tights -6 here <realise that the wearing of 7 denier tights will be purely for psychological reasons rather warmth> and a strap, I have the grace of a Shetland pony!

Help me please style gurus.

Idefix Mon 28-Nov-16 20:06:58

I like these...

www.asos.com/raid/raid-jane-gold-ankle-strap-heeled-shoes/prd/7247966?CTARef=Saved%20Items%20Title

And also Asos Scotty shoe.

HermioneWeasley Mon 28-Nov-16 20:07:38

Definitely gold with that dress

Idefix Mon 28-Nov-16 20:14:56

Oh good, that was the push I need on colour Hermione grin, rubbish at dressing up. I live in a uniform and pjs about 85% of the time.

TheTroutofNoCraic Mon 28-Nov-16 20:18:23

I would go gold with that dress, definitely. But maybe do a dark clutch as I feel matching shoes and handbag is a tad 'mother of the bride', if you know what I mean?

TheTroutofNoCraic Mon 28-Nov-16 20:19:41

Those asos first link shoes (raid) are perfect and you'll be able to wear them again with pretty much anything

HermioneWeasley Mon 28-Nov-16 20:22:15

Disclaimer - I'm currently wearing track suit bottoms and a novelty hoodie, so you might want to weigh up my advice! 😂😂

Idefix Mon 28-Nov-16 20:23:57

Good point TheTrout, that is not the look I want to rock. Will now stop looking at gold shrug really am only a step away from a fashion faux pas when out of pjs

TheTroutofNoCraic Mon 28-Nov-16 20:47:21

Leather biker jacket is what you need.

Idefix Mon 28-Nov-16 21:03:11

Have previously worn with biker jacket and Fly sandals and got lots of compliments.
The do on Friday is formal so won't get away with anything too wild or untraditional, the perk will be lots of Sekt and delicious food

TheTroutofNoCraic Mon 28-Nov-16 21:21:51

A nice plain furry wrap? Accessorise have loads at 70% off at the moment

Idefix Mon 28-Nov-16 21:40:43

shoes ordered, was thinking furry and or a plain wrap with an embroidered bag that is lurking in my wardrobe.

Thank you for your help style gurus I feel a plan is coming together...

Oh how I wish I wasn't 100s of miles from Accessorise envy

TheTroutofNoCraic Mon 28-Nov-16 22:09:07

Aww, that's a shame about your distance from Accessorise!

You've ordered the shoes, that's great. Your bag sounds perfect. You'll look wonderful, enjoy your posh night out...and even more importantly, wear this outfit again on Christmas day, you'll feel a million dollars!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now