Moisturiser for spot prone yet dry skin

(10 Posts)
puglife15 Sun 27-Nov-16 04:29:49

Any recs please? Keep coming out in zits with anything I buy from Olay, Garnier, Loreal etc as they seem to clog my pores. Oil free moisturiser doesn't tend to do the trick either. Thanks

tralaaa Sun 27-Nov-16 05:57:31

The cream may be to heavy for your skin. Clean you skin the use a little bio oil this will work a treat keep this up for 3 weeks - how are you cleaning your face

FrustratedFrugal Sun 27-Nov-16 05:58:38

I get acne from most moisturizers but Eucerin 5% urea is fine and very effective. My winter staple.

Indecisivejo Sun 27-Nov-16 07:36:14

Do you have a budget?

Scrowy Sun 27-Nov-16 07:43:42

Boots do a serum for blemish prone skin that I really like.

www.boots.com/en/No7-Beautiful-Skin-Blemish-Defence-Serum_1437078/

It seems pricy but a little bit goes a long way and I usually manage to buy it on a 3 for 2 or when there are other offers on.

Kennington Sun 27-Nov-16 07:53:15

Agree with the eucerin day cream only. But you perhaps need a better cleanser or not too high SPF - this always breaks me out.
I use effaclar duo all over my face and eucerin on dry bits and grapeseed oil at night.

puglife15 Sun 27-Nov-16 09:37:13

I'm a bit slack on my beauty regime tbh but currently using Liz Earle c&p. Before that I had Neal's yard cleansing balm.

The previous moisturiser I had was lovely, by Amphora (rose and pomegranate I think) but I was pregnant when using it and my skin really changes hormonally, so I'm not sure if I'd still be ok with it.

Occasionally I whip out the pixi glow tonic/fix pads too.

puglife15 Sun 27-Nov-16 09:37:55

Oh and budget is about £20 max but would prefer to spend (much) less.

BillHicksRanting Sun 27-Nov-16 10:07:27

Boots simply sensitive moisturiser spf15. My skin loves it and it costs less than £2.

Momentumista Sun 27-Nov-16 10:54:45

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - available in Boots - excellent for spot prone skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now