If I like trilogy rosehip oil.....

(7 Posts)
WrappedInBitsOfSilver Sat 26-Nov-16 13:51:37

and what it does for my skin, but I'm not keen on the smell, what other oils would be good?

whyistherumgone Sat 26-Nov-16 13:56:44

I love Trilogy Rosehip but agree - it smells like old teabags to me!
I also use Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate oil - it still has a natural smell but much more pleasant. Not cheap though!

TurkeyTwazzock Sat 26-Nov-16 13:58:54

Neals Yard rose facial oil. Its a little lighter than Trilogy, but smells lovely.

WrappedInBitsOfSilver Sat 26-Nov-16 14:01:02

I'll have a look at those, thanks flowers

ppeatfruit Sat 26-Nov-16 14:01:16

You can get more economical essential oils (purer too) in good health food shops. I use them for everything, lavender is fabulous (it helps with stuffy noses , insomnia and digestion). I mix some with almond oil for moisturising , rose is lovely for dry skin . Some I mix with filtered water for face sprays (brilliant against red spots and skin).

VintagePerfumista Sat 26-Nov-16 14:03:12

The Body Shop oils of life smells nice. Many of the Decleor ones do, and so does the LE mentioned above.
Thing is, though, that doesn't necessarily mean they are the best for your skin. I don't rate rosehip that much anyway, (and Trilogy is a rip-off, just buy a bottle of organic rosehip from Amazon for about a quarter of the cost)
NY Frankincense is my favourite "branded" oil, but the best for my skin was just cheap as chips Argan from Amazon (Naissance is the seller, I get all my oils from there now)

ppeatfruit Sat 26-Nov-16 14:09:44

Sorry I forgot to mention that Rosemary ess. oil is good for skin, just a couple of drops mixed with 50 mls. of filtered water , the real thing goes a much longer way than buying already prepared oils. I love real frankincense ess. oil too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now