Opaque tights with red lace dress?

(10 Posts)
PortiaFinis Fri 25-Nov-16 21:04:53

I've bought the dress below for a wedding. It makes me feel so happy.

I want to dance lots at the wedding but I'm worried that as it has a slightly shorter skirt than I would normally wear (it comes up higher on me than the model) I will feel more comfortable wearing black opaque tights when dancing etc.

But I think this is dress which really requires nude tights. Thought I'd double check.
http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=7117477

waitingforgodot Fri 25-Nov-16 21:28:25

yes definitely nude tights

PortiaFinis Fri 25-Nov-16 21:40:32

Thanks waiting, that's what I thought

InterchangeableEmma Fri 25-Nov-16 22:02:35

It's a great dress. Black tights aren't going to work with it, there are 'nude' opaque tights about, if that's any use. Maybe bit pricey but possibly worth a try, depending on your skin tone.

BobGoblin23 Fri 25-Nov-16 22:06:07

I'd wear Spanx so if the dress is a bit floaty as you dance, at least no one can see your matching lacy knickers!

burnishedsilver Fri 25-Nov-16 22:42:16

Actually I think black might work too, especially if you have black accessories. Have you tried them on with it yet? Put one leg in each colour. You'll know as soon as you see it.

Any dress that makes you feel so happy should be worn regularly smile Enjoy.

burnishedsilver Fri 25-Nov-16 22:44:47

PortiaFinis Fri 25-Nov-16 22:48:20

Thank you all so much!!

Great idea about trying the one leg each - I shall do that and definitely Spanx up! I can't wait!

InterchangeableEmma Fri 25-Nov-16 22:52:29

I do hope Burnished is right!

BusterGonad Sat 26-Nov-16 14:05:04

I say nude as the dress as a nude background behind the lace detail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now