Are these old fashioned???

(12 Posts)
calistaraines Thu 24-Nov-16 14:46:19

I've had several surgeries on my feet and struggle to wear heels. But I need to!!
Found these in M&s and they are actually quite comfortable.

Are they old lady shoes though??? I am 40!

AndShesGone Thu 24-Nov-16 14:51:05

I'm older than you and stopped wearing heels about 32. They look too high to me grinblush

squoosh Thu 24-Nov-16 14:53:06

Oh I like them! That style of block heel was very in fashion a few months ago, so I presume they can't be that old fashioned.

Maudlinmaud Thu 24-Nov-16 14:55:19

I would wear those with black tights and skirts/dresses. I'm a teeny weeny bit younger than you. I like comfy footwear.

ChinUpChestOut Thu 24-Nov-16 15:13:04

I like the heel shape, but I don't love the bow. Having said that, I don't think they're particularly old lady. I imagine you're thinking of them as they are part of the Insolia range, and that's what makes them comfortable? I'm surprised you can get away with that heel height if you've had surgeries, but if you can, then go for it! Don't forget Dr Scholl also do the gel half sole inserts which make many high heel shoes completely wearable for tired old feet......

burnishedsilver Thu 24-Nov-16 15:46:38

Thumbs up from me :-)

Nettletheelf Thu 24-Nov-16 17:58:19

They are OK. I was expecting to be confronted with a picture of Cornish pasty-style shoes. Nice work OP.

thisnthat Thu 24-Nov-16 18:36:10

I like them - have considered buying them myself to wear with skirts/dresses for work, although not sure I'd wear them out of work. I'm an unfrumpy 46.

Pinkvici22 Thu 24-Nov-16 20:13:00

I've got them - I'm 35, and usually wear very high (and high fashion) heels, but I really like them and I've had lots of compliments (mostly from younger colleagues!)

LuckySantangelo1 Fri 25-Nov-16 12:00:46

They are fab! I'm 36 and like a sky high heel but those look good!

UntilTheCowsComeHome Fri 25-Nov-16 16:32:50

They're good for work, funerals or job interviews with a skirt and opaque tights but I couldn't imagine them working with anything for a night out or party.

BusterGonad Fri 25-Nov-16 17:38:35

I really like them, I think they are cute.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now