Eye makeup tutorial for over 40s

(25 Posts)
CatsGoPurrrr Wed 23-Nov-16 06:28:10

Any recommendations please?

I really have no idea how to apply anything other than mascara. blush

Thanks!

FuckingHellz Wed 23-Nov-16 06:38:23

Hi OP YouTube is brilliant for all sorts of make up tutorials. I've only recently got into wearing makeup myself and there's lots of videos and great tips on there smile

FrustratedFrugal Wed 23-Nov-16 07:23:53

The Wayne Goss eye shape video. It really helped me.

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 23-Nov-16 11:23:48

Sugarfluffandpuff on YouTube ( I know - dreadful name!) is very good at explaining and showing how to do 40s eye make up as she has hooded eyes. I've learned so much from her! Also she is completely charming.

FrustratedFrugal Wed 23-Nov-16 11:27:00

Hot & Flashy is great too, but be warned, she won the genetic lottery...

CatsGoPurrrr Wed 23-Nov-16 17:48:37

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out.

MrsJayy Wed 23-Nov-16 17:50:50

Oh the very thread for me i stopped wearing eyeshadow years ago there is more crease than eye these days will check out suggestions thanks for asking op

Beautifullymixed Wed 23-Nov-16 18:02:04

Yes, to sugarfluff, she is lovely and knows her stuff.
I like to watch the youngsters as well though, I love the process of blending foundation /concealer, and applying powder. I have learnt so much, and also spent far too much......

Jmangel Wed 23-Nov-16 18:07:03

I too have recently started watching YouTube videos - it made me realise just how much product people put on! I thought I had been applying foundation and concealer and wondering why I still looked so haggard. Turned out, I just needed to put a shit load on!! Thought it would be ageing, but if the formulations are creamy, it's actually the reverse as it does cover fine lines, bags better.

Jmangel Wed 23-Nov-16 18:08:49

Forgot to answer question! Lisa Eldridge and Wayne Goss are my favs - Wayne is amazing. His eye bag video changed my life - no exaggeration!

MrsJayy Wed 23-Nov-16 18:09:53

Dd watches the younguns on youtube she blends and stuff her make up always looks lovely

MyDogIsNicerThanYourDog Wed 23-Nov-16 18:33:51

Wow - just watched Sugarpuff, fantastic! Can't believe just how badly wrong I have been doing my eyes for 46 years.

Beautifullymixed Wed 23-Nov-16 18:37:41

Also love Wayne Goss, he's a master on foundation and concealer application.
I like watching pixiwoo too.

I may spend far too much time watching you tube make up tutorials.....blush

Jmangel Wed 23-Nov-16 18:41:56

I know me too - it's my guilty pleasure! Really love "get unready with me" ones to make the chore of removing makeup more tolerable. Always have an ear out for DH as he would dine out for weeks on it if he found out!

margaritasbythesea Wed 23-Nov-16 19:41:31

Interested...

CatsGoPurrrr Wed 23-Nov-16 20:46:49

Sugarfluff is brilliant. Must. Stop. Watching.
grin

PrimalLass Wed 23-Nov-16 21:53:40

I did this on Saturday. I think it's the best makeup I've ever done.

www.lisaeldridge.com/video/25422/smokey-look-for-hoodedmature-eyes/

Littlefiendsusan Wed 23-Nov-16 23:12:13

Following with interest..

Hippywannabe Wed 23-Nov-16 23:17:18

Excited by this thread. I have purchased my first Naked palette (plus 3 of the Makeup Revolution dupes), a set of brushes just for eyes (who knew you needed more than one?) and am looking at some nice foundations and blushers. I picked upa contouring kit too but don't really know what to do with it yet. I have wasted far too long on Instagram tonight looking at eye makeup but will be giving Youtube a check tomorrow!

MrsJayy Thu 24-Nov-16 09:41:15

I have been watching sugarpuff she is kind of addictive isn't she blush certainly will be following her tips next time I put a face on

MrsJayy Thu 24-Nov-16 09:42:50

Dd has a million brushes and sponge doodahs who knew you needed so many

homebythesea Thu 24-Nov-16 10:09:22

MsGoldGirl is good - much more subtle than SugarPuff

Colby43443 Thu 24-Nov-16 11:02:13

A good sticky eye primer is a godsend. I use Sephora currently but it's nearly running out so am trialling alternatives.

Beautifullymixed Thu 24-Nov-16 12:47:51

I never thought I would know so much about contouring, highlighting, baking, all the different types of powder etc etc.
I don't use all the methods, as some are far too extreme for older skin, and for going to work etc.
But, I love watching. I can't stop!
I love watching eyebrows appear, I watch countless foundation applications, and as for powder - my obsession.
When it's time to dust it off, absolute HEAVEN blushgrin

Enjoyingtheattention Thu 24-Nov-16 20:00:19

Do watch Lisa Eldridge. She is classy, does subtle make up, is highly regarded in the make up/beauty industry (not just a you tuber) and has such a soothing voice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now