Best ways to remove makeup?

(25 Posts)
MalbecAndLindt Mon 21-Nov-16 14:47:54

Ever since I became pregnant, I've been suffering with very dry skin. My eyes have now became very dry and irritated and I think facial wipes are making things worse. I use them because by the end of the day, I'm tired and lazy! But I need to try something else.

Any suggestions for removing makeup that won't irritate my skin? Normal makeup remover also seems to irritate it.

PinkSwimGoggles Mon 21-Nov-16 14:49:03

toilet paper + moisturiser.
followed by warm water + flannel

eternalopt Mon 21-Nov-16 14:55:06

My skin feels gorgeous after using Clinique take the day off balm. You run in on to dry skin and it dissolves into an oil and then rinse off. See if they can let you try some at counter?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 21-Nov-16 16:20:31

TBS camomile balm is a dupe for the clinique stuff if you're on a budget.

MixedUpConfusion Mon 21-Nov-16 16:54:33

I smother my face in good old fashioned cold cream (Boots own brand) then wipe it off with cotton wool/face cloth. I then put a thin layer on before bed. Skin is lovely, no breakouts, no dry patches, just smooth and glowy

orangebird69 Mon 21-Nov-16 16:57:41

Another vote here for Clinique TTDO or TBS Camomile butter. Or you could try coconut oil?

WeeM Mon 21-Nov-16 16:59:39

The body shop camomile cleansing butter is amazing-it literally melts away all my make up, even mascara. I never use wipes anymore. Use it with their soft cloths too for max effect (the one that goes hard when they dry).

KatoPotato Mon 21-Nov-16 17:00:17

Garnier Micellar Water! Best ever!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 21-Nov-16 17:03:47

A 40%off code for TBS is 19805 and free delivery over a fiver. I've just ordered some for 6 quid!

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Mon 21-Nov-16 17:03:52

I second Garnier Micellar Water, and my all time favourite, Ultrabland from Lush. Amazing stuff.

Maverickismywingman Mon 21-Nov-16 17:05:23

Aloe Vera gel.

rosesandcashmere Mon 21-Nov-16 17:14:56

Boots no7 beautiful skin cleansing oil. I massage all over including eyelashes then remove with a warm damp flannel. Has fixed my sensitive winter skin

eternalopt Mon 21-Nov-16 22:26:54

Top tip dame. I'll give that a go (not that I've figured out what tbs is thanks to your second post grin)

orangebird69 Mon 21-Nov-16 22:28:42

The Body Shop

eternalopt Mon 21-Nov-16 22:30:42

Dame - is it this stuff?

eternalopt Mon 21-Nov-16 22:31:28

Thanks orange - I meant to type "now that", not "not that"!

digitalpaintartist Mon 21-Nov-16 22:33:09

I suffer with dry skin normally but it became worse during pregnancy. I swear by Avène Extremely Gentle Cleanser. You use your fingers to massage it into your skin (it removes mascara too) and wipe off with cotton wool. No need to rinse, just follow with your night time moisturiser! It relieves any discomfort and reduces redness. I love it!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 21-Nov-16 23:32:33

Yes, that's the stuff!

BusterGonad Tue 22-Nov-16 06:52:11

Baby lotion rubbed all over your face and into eye make up, remove with damp cotton wool then remove the remaining eye make up with Simple eye make up remover. Do not tone as if you are dry and sensitive it will dry you out further.

eternalopt Tue 22-Nov-16 15:37:46

Turns out the body shop one isn't that much cheaper when you decide to throw some more things in the basket whilst it's 49% off wink

eternalopt Tue 22-Nov-16 15:38:18

*40%

Fat thumbs!

FV45 Tue 22-Nov-16 15:39:53

I have sensitive, dry skin. I use Simple Rich moisturiser and wipe off with a cotton wool pad.

BusterGonad Tue 22-Nov-16 16:33:58

I would highly recommend if you have dry and sensitive skin TBS aloe Vera range. It's has live bio cultures so it strengthens your skin. It's lovely stuff.

StrawberryShortcake32 Tue 22-Nov-16 18:17:18

I wash my makeup off. Then apply decent moisturiser, coconut oil or baby oil. Also the Lush moisturisers are awesome too. I can't live without the moisturiser from Lush called 'Skin Drink' I have dry skin and it's my saviour in winter.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 22-Nov-16 21:50:36

TBS Camomile balm as mentioned above. It feels gorgeous, gets everything off without irritating eyes and doesn't leave your skin feeling tight. Also, a big plus for me, doesn't require any cotton wool or similar. Just rub all over face then wash with whatever cleanser you would normally use (or not!). Even gets off several layers of waterproof mascara and eyeliner!

I like Take The Day Off balm by Clinique as well but TBS one is better. Smells nicer.

I tried ultrabland but it was so thick it didn't really get my make up off, just moved it around my face.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now