What is this and how do I fix it? (Dry patch of skin)

(14 Posts)
olderthanyouthink Sun 20-Nov-16 21:21:44

This showed up about a week ago, it's flakey and a bit sore sad. I gently removed the flakes but they've come back.

I normally moisturise everyday and have a pretty oily t zone but occasionally get the odd bit of dry skin but not like this.

Come on MN skincare knowledge...

Scabetty Sun 20-Nov-16 21:25:48

I had something like that last year and applied clinique eye cream for a week. Anything else made it sting. Never found oit what caused it.

LifeLong13 Sun 20-Nov-16 21:27:01

I got this under my eyes. Facial oil gets rid of it for me

burnishedsilver Sun 20-Nov-16 21:28:32

It might be fungal. I suggest you ask a pharmacist to have a look at it.

Lucked Sun 20-Nov-16 21:29:34

Possibly psoriasis. It is far enough from the eye that I would try some strongish urea cream but might be worth seeing your GP.

latedecember1963 Sun 20-Nov-16 21:31:34

I have a similar patch on my left eyelid. Am assuming it isn't my cleansers etc or it would be on both eyelids. Have also had really dry finger tips for a couple of weeks. Keep slathering with L'occitane shea butter moisturizer which soothes or a while at least.

ninjapants Sun 20-Nov-16 21:36:36

My skin went mental a few months ago with dry, itchy, flaky patches. Nothing seemed to work, out of ideas I slapped on some baby lotion. Used it every day for a week, my skin settled down and became smooth and comfortable again. Now I use it every night and haven't had any recurrences

jelly10 Sun 20-Nov-16 21:38:13

Looks like psoriasis to me. I used to get it around my eyes too. The doctor or pharmacist should be able to give you some cream, and I've also found that elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream helps (bit weird and that might just be me!)

Puppymouse Sun 20-Nov-16 21:39:44

I get this in same place. Hydrocortisone cream helps but it seems to flare up at random.

olderthanyouthink Sun 20-Nov-16 21:54:08

Thank you!

I shall try a pharmacy (my gp may as well not exsist) and putting moisturiser on it in the mean time.

BusterGonad Mon 21-Nov-16 08:55:34

Go carefully near your eyes. Once it's sorted I'd invest in The Body Shop aloe Vera eye cream. It really strengthens the delicate eye area to stop things like this reoccurring.

Londonbum Mon 21-Nov-16 09:01:17

I get this every so often when a bit run down. I think it's psoriasis (also have some on elbows). To be honest, Ive found the very best thing is just to leave it completely alone. Anything I've tried on it either irritates or makes no difference. Usually I just wake up one day to find it's almost gone. I know it's very horrible and annoying though, I was very upset by it at first.

guzzywuzzy Mon 21-Nov-16 09:06:44

I get this sometimes when I take my foundation over my eye area - assume it's the perfume in the product. I just leave the area bare apart from usual moisturiser and perhaps some coconut oil.

applesandpears33 Mon 21-Nov-16 17:48:22

It looks like the eczema I get on my eyelids. If it is eczema Lansinoh and Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream help, but 0.5% hydrocortisone cream is really needed if they don't sort it out. 0.5% hydrocortisone cream isn't available over the counter (although 1% hydrocortisone is) and you need a prescription.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now