Christmas party and birthday dinner invites - what to wear?

(3 Posts)
HighDataUsage Sun 20-Nov-16 14:56:17

That's all really, I've got one group of friends arranging a Christmas drinks house party and another friend organising her birthday meal at a restaurant over the next few weeks. I need help with dressing up, I have absolutely no idea what to wear. My main uniform now consists of jeans, boots and jumpers. I don't have anything remotely smart or partyish anymore since having children

I am 5'2 and a size 8/10.

Help

JamieVardysParty Sun 20-Nov-16 16:59:16

For those sort of events, you don't have to go all out dressy so can just buy a couple of bits to go with your current wardrobe.

I'd go for a black cami with black skinny jeans and heels. Alternatively, if you want to move away from jeans, something like this would work with the above cami top or a silk shirt.

I honestly do not think that you can go wrong with a black dress either. Easy to dress up or down with a leather jacket and boots.

If you prefer more of a pattern, this has a great shape and again, versatile. I'm also partial to velvet at this time of year!

If you feel more comfortable in jeans/jumper, these leggings are a good way to make it a bit more party-like. Just make sure that the jumper covers your bum. Or wear the sparkle on the top half with skinnies or the cigarette trousers above.

HighDataUsage Sun 20-Nov-16 20:18:25

Thank you for the links, I liked all of the clothes that you linked to so it's a case of trying on and seeing how it fits. I think I will go for the sparkly jumper and skinny jeans combo as it's not too much of a departure from my usual daily wear. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now