Oil free SPF 30 + products and chemical peel advice !

(3 Posts)
user1479488496 Fri 18-Nov-16 17:27:23

Hi all

I'm just about to start Retin A 0.025 in the evening, gradually building up to daily use. I intend to do this as preparation for a chemical peel around 12th December, but right now I am about to use Naturally Radiant from Superdrug, it's the Glycolic overnight peel and I need a bit more information before I plaster it on !

Does anyone know the percentage strength of the solution, useful to know prior to my 10 - 15% peel next month ?

Secondly, what SPF protection would anyone recommend after both the evening over the counter chemical peel from Superdrug, and the 10 - 15% peel next month.

I am having great difficulty finding an oil free SPF 45 + for the main peel next month, even the SPF 30 are thin on the ground. Recommendations would be great !

Lastly (you should charge per question), how important is adding vitamin C into my anti-ageing battleplan. I am nearly 30 so trying to be proactive, I obviously, scrub, moisturise, use toner and masks already.

Many thanks in advance !

jesterkat Fri 18-Nov-16 17:34:29

Heliocare gel is factor 50 I had it after a peel.

JohnCheese Fri 18-Nov-16 18:23:06

You say you're using Retin A as preparation for a chemical peel. Is it a professional glycolic peel? Retin A won't prepare your skin for a glycolic peel. It will make your skin more reactive.

I don't know about the Naturally Radiant stuff. If it is 10-15% glycolic, at a proper pH, then it's fairly strong, and with Retin A would be quite a cocktail to throw at your face. Never mind extra Vit C. You are only 30. Daily SPF is the best long term wrinkle preventer ever. If I were you, a little Retin A a few times a week and daily SPF would be my routine. Glycolic facial if you want a boost.

I use this Neostrata SPF and really like it. I think it's oil free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now