Question on highlighter and brow stuff

(9 Posts)
ChameleonCircuit Wed 16-Nov-16 21:06:03

As you will see from my very technical description in my thread title, I'm not much of one for beauty products. My usual thing is Bare Minerals foundation and some mascara. I'd like to try using some highlighter for a Christmas do, along with getting some brows - mine are so completely blonde as to barely exist. I've tried Wunderbrow, but it brings my eyebrows out in those spots that never get a head. Whatever I use needs to be very subtle because I'm just not used to having brows at all!

Any suggestions for either product, please? I'm 45, and due to being a fatty, my wrinkles only appear when I smile, if that affects your suggestions.

TIA

itsbetterthanabox Wed 16-Nov-16 21:39:16

Get your brows tinted.
It'll pick up all the blonde hairs and define.
Highlighter wise I own a few but the one I get the most compliments on is super cheap by MUA. It's a baked one that looks white in the pan with a gold shimmerZ

Softkitty2 Wed 16-Nov-16 21:48:50

Yes i agree on getting your brows tinted to start.. And maintain brows - go to a mac (you don't have to go for mac) counter you have 3 options, try a eyebrow pencil, brow pot (to be used with a brush) or tinted brow gel.. See which one you feel suits your lifestyle.

For highlight try becca, they have compact and liquid versions.

Kiwi32 Wed 16-Nov-16 21:53:10

I'd recommend the Bobbi brown brow turorial, free at any Bobbi counter and v natural.

HappinessLivesHere Wed 16-Nov-16 22:00:23

Definitely MUA for highlighter! I use the pink one and get regular compliments. If you're on Facebook have a look at Mrs Gloss & the Goss. Lovely make up group who give great advice!

ChameleonCircuit Wed 16-Nov-16 22:37:09

Thanks all. The thing that worries me about brow tinting is if it looks clownish. My eyebrow hair is so blonde that it almost looks like I don't have any brows. Can you get them tinted reeeeeally subtly? I'm worried about looking like I have two pet caterpillars!

Glad to hear of a cheapish highlighter. Will check it out.

ChameleonCircuit Wed 16-Nov-16 22:41:44

itsbetterthanabox is it this one?

www.superdrug.com/MUA/MUA-Undress-Your-Skin-Highlighting-Powder---Iridescent-Gold/p/212800

itsbetterthanabox Thu 17-Nov-16 10:31:35

Yes that's it op.
I love it. I have expensive highlighters and everyone compliments me on that one! It's very high payoff so just use a little to start with and build up. Lasts well too.
In regards to tinting. Some brow places do different shades of tint. So a light ash brown tint would be best for you. They won't look to heavy if one like that is used. It may be a little strange for you the first time just because it takes a little while to get used to even subtle changes on the face but it should look nice. Get them shaped- waxed or threaded at the same times so you get a nice finish. I have very light brows and have then tinted light brown and waxed. It looks very natural, not thick or dark at all.

ChameleonCircuit Thu 17-Nov-16 20:18:31

Thanks! Went to Superdrug today and they had them on 3 for 2, so I bought all three shades. A whole £6 spent on me. Whatever next?! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now