Help me find a brow product for grey hair before I cry!

(26 Posts)
ThisPasadenaHomemaker Wed 16-Nov-16 12:22:28

I cannot find a product that is the right colour for my hair.

I'm quite pale, cool-toned and have grey hair as pictured. I have zero warm tones in my hair or my skin.

Every single brow product I've tried that is allegedly for grey hair has had strong warm undertones or been too dark. I don't want black as it would be too severe.

The closest colour match I've found has been the YSL Dessin De Sourcils in Ash but it's possibly the worst pencil I've ever used. The pigmentation is so awful that you have to basically scratch it into your eyebrow to deposit any colour hmm.

I love the Anastasia Brow Wiz and the Nyx dupe of it but neither has a colour that matches me.

Can anyone recommend a not too light, not too dark, cool-toned but not black eyebrow product? Preferably a pencil.

Oh and the moon on a stick while you're at it please 😁.

Fuzzypeggy Wed 16-Nov-16 12:29:00

This may be a really daft suggestion but would a grey eye pencil work rather than eyebrow pencil??

Gatekeeper Wed 16-Nov-16 12:33:33

why not use a grey powder eyeshadow? I used to use a brown one to do my brows applied with a damp sponge tipped applicator

Gatekeeper Wed 16-Nov-16 12:34:18

your hair is bloody lovely by the way

AgeingMama Wed 16-Nov-16 12:37:07

I love your hair too.

JinkxMonsoon Wed 16-Nov-16 12:39:36

I'm a cool toned blonde and MAC "Fling" is amazing. It is a cool taupe with no orangey tones whatsoever. That might work for you.

I just wish it wasn't so pricey.

JamieVardysParty Wed 16-Nov-16 12:53:35

I'm very cool toned and only ever use grey on my eyebrows. Bobbi Brown is your friend.

I have this, this and this that I use in rotation.

gonegrey56 Wed 16-Nov-16 14:17:57

The Shavata double ended eyebrow pencil is great, comes in shade dusk/dawn. The dusk side would probably suit you well . Debenhams usually stock the pencils , try out the shade . Texture is great, easy to apply but lasts and lasts . My favourite eyebrow product !

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Wed 16-Nov-16 14:20:19

Thanks everyone flowers.

Should've mentioned that I really don't like how powder shadow looks in brows so would really prefer a pencil. Also not keen on waxes or pomades.

Have gone mad and bought the Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined pencil and a Shiseido pencil which I've just seen recommended on a blog written by a cool toned grey lady.

Will google the Shavata one now.

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Wed 16-Nov-16 18:50:01

The Shavata pencil in dusk is too dark and a bit warm looking.

Am picking up the other two from HoF tomorrow so will see how they fare before spending any more!

notagiraffe Wed 16-Nov-16 18:53:08

Rimmel do lovely brow mascaras - slightly gelled and the colour is milder and more translucent than normal mascaras.

MsVanRein Wed 16-Nov-16 18:58:15

Nothing to add re pencils - hopefully the ones you have ordered work well!

Just wanted to say your hair is amazing smile

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Wed 16-Nov-16 19:17:36

Thanks MsVan 😀

The Rimmel mascaras only come in 3 warm shades and a clear. There really aren't very many options for grey hair at the 'drugstore' price point.

HappenstanceMarmite Thu 17-Nov-16 10:50:52

Your hair is gorgeous

AlexaTwoAtT Thu 17-Nov-16 11:34:13

Fantastic hair.

OCSockOrphanage Thu 17-Nov-16 11:45:21

Not a pencil, though I have an old Clinique one, but the lighter colour Brow zings (Benefit) is good, and there's a Stila brush tip I like in a good taupe, from M&S IIRC. Hair is glorious, I agree.

MoBro Thu 17-Nov-16 21:30:37

No idea but I'm in love with your hair! This isn't a natural grey right?

ceeveebee Thu 17-Nov-16 21:33:39

I also love your hair - any tips as to how to achieve that colour as I have been considering grey for a while

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Fri 18-Nov-16 10:11:37

MoBro it's 100% natural!

Started going grey at 22, was a dark brunette. A few years ago I decided to ditch the dye and let my grey grow out. I love it 😊.

daimbardiva Fri 18-Nov-16 10:47:18

I have nothing sensible to say about eyebrows but your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!

mrsmugoo Fri 18-Nov-16 15:08:10

Another vote for MAC Fling. I used it for years when I had platinum blonde hair with lilac / grey toner.

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Fri 18-Nov-16 16:05:28

In swatches online Fling definitely has yellow tones in it. Really don't think it would work for me. Will have a look next time I'm in town though.

Haven't made it in to pick up my new purchases yet. Damn you snow!

N0tfinished Fri 18-Nov-16 19:59:33

I have an Anastasia brow gel in colour concrete. It's a very cool shade.

ImBrian Sat 19-Nov-16 19:28:45

I love your hair, I've just started to grow my grey out but I don't think it's going to be that good.

RebelandaStunner Sat 19-Nov-16 19:42:58

Another who thinks your hair is fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now