Liberty advent calendar- no show

(12 Posts)
liftthatup Tue 15-Nov-16 13:43:54

After all the hype about this calendar I ordered one for my birthday (today)from dh- he appreciates guidance! I duly received an order confirmation email and a follow up to tell me that it was on it's way and to expect an email from DHL. I've had no correspondence from DHL and have phoned Liberty's customer services line twice. Both times they've mentioned the huge demand and a "hiccup" in the orders and delivery. Yesterday I was told that she'd refer it to her manager and the item would be sent out straight away and I was also given a tracking number which is useless as I've no way to use it...According to their website the calendar has been unavailable for weeks- how can she dispatch another one??! However, they did manage to take payment on the 28th October. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

VanillaSugarCandyCanes Tue 15-Nov-16 21:42:34

No -I got mine within a week. Ask for a refund and I'm very very sorry to hear this. How disappointing. The Boots one sounds good as an alternative ....

Cloclomomo Tue 15-Nov-16 22:29:27

I ordered mine on the day of release and got it within a day or two.

I really hope they sort it out for you. I'm sure there are 'spares' lying round even though it's listed as unavailable on the website, so just keep calling customer services and ask to speak to a manager.

Alternatively, have a look here: sheerluxe.com/2016/10/14/best-beauty-advent-calendars-2016

TakeNoHeedSheReadsBooks Tue 15-Nov-16 22:31:27

If it helps, my sister's was delivered separately from her main order. They took payment quite early but her calendar didn't arrive until a week or two after the main order. Liberty customer service is typically very good, so am sure they will resolve it for you.

liftthatup Wed 16-Nov-16 10:56:36

Thank you for replies! I've checked on the DHL website, logged my tracking number and was pleasantly surprised that it registered. Apparently it arrived in Lambeth on 2nd November! I've filled in an enquiry form and await their reply... Looks like my issue is with the delivery company and not Liberty themselves. I've got everything crossed for a good result- living in NI probably doesn't help (not that it should make any difference.)

VanillaSugarCandyCanes Wed 16-Nov-16 17:06:36

I hope it turns up OP!

BringMeTea Wed 16-Nov-16 17:24:36

Problems here too. Started with them taking 2 payments for 1 calendar. They were then hopeless.... DH was most upset with their customer services. Took nearly a week and lots of chasing to get reimbursed. Then no-show calendar which took another week and many phone calls and emails to resolve. DH was promised refund of delivery charge, not happened. He is still in comms with them. Calendar did eventually arrive so they do have 'spares'.

Shockingly bad customer service. That calendar better be good...

violetgrey Wed 16-Nov-16 17:28:08

Liberty mail order is notoriously bad. I ordered something for Christmas last year in the beginning of November and it did not arrived until the end of January 2016. They dealt with it poorly and I haven't ordered from them since. Hope your calendar turns up soon!

liftthatup Wed 16-Nov-16 18:58:43

Good grief Violet 3 months??!! That's bloody disgraceful! I know that this item is a total luxury and there are much bigger issues in the world than late delivery but that is just ridiculous! Did they apologise or grovel or anything? Bringme I hope your dh gets reimbursed soon and that your calendar is worth the hassle. Still waiting for DHL

BringMeTea Wed 16-Nov-16 19:20:52

oh, and belated Happy Birthday OP! grin

violetgrey Wed 16-Nov-16 20:43:52

Yes 3 months Liftthatup! They were not apologetic at all and they kept saying how busy they were because of Christmas... I used to spend a fair bit in their beauty department and order gifts from Liberty but have completely gone off them after the last delivery debacle. Enjoy your calendar, it will be worth the wait.:-)

liftthatup Wed 16-Nov-16 21:38:10

Thank you grin Tbh I need all the beauty product help I can get!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now