Holy Grail Base Makeup

(7 Posts)
likeavirgo Mon 14-Nov-16 19:20:34

Evening All,

I'm new here and interested to know what everyone swears by when it comes to get their perfect base. I still haven't found my holy grail foundation and I've tried a lot.

Shade wise, BareMinerals in Fairly Light is bang on however the coverage of the original foundation would be fine if I had perfectly clear and even toned skin ... I don't.

I probably reach more for NARS Sheer Glow more than any other foundation I own.

gonegrey56 Mon 14-Nov-16 20:30:36

I love YSL Fusion Ink . I have tried so many foundations over the years and this one is just perfect for my combination skin . It is quite sheer but you can layer it where you need more coverage . Ask for one of the samples, they come in a dinky little pot with a wand . I use shades BR20 ( in summer), and B 10 in winter . I am very fair .
I have tried the new compact version of the foundation (comes with a sponge in the compact), I really don't like it as much as the original version which is thankfully still available .

Sparkesx Thu 17-Nov-16 09:12:49

MAC studio fix fluid. I've used it for years. I tend to get greasy skin and other foundations slide off my face but this stays put all day. It isn't thick either and is build-able.

NARS sheer glow made my face feel damp? I haven't used it since, I love NARS though sad

Petal02 Thu 17-Nov-16 09:18:16

Boots No 7 Airbrush Primer - if I use this, I don't need foundation, just concealer and powder.

8DaysAWeek Thu 17-Nov-16 19:05:41

Sparkesx we appear to be the same! I used MAC studio fix on my combination skin and like it.

I liked the look of sheer glow but it was a bit too dewy feeling and never really 'set'. It came off easily if my face brushed against anything (hoods, collars etc). Finishing powder took out the glow too. I persisted for a while because the colour was perfect and if didn't break out my skin but prefer the MAC one now.

swooosh Thu 17-Nov-16 19:06:38

MAC studio fix fluid or Face Atelier ultra foundation.

crayfish Thu 17-Nov-16 19:13:51

Urban Decay the Naked liquid one. I have tried almost every high-end brand in the world and all the ones you get in boots/Superdrug and it's the only foundation I have ever purchased more than once. I am now on my third bottle. It's weird because I first tried it when I was pregnant and it just didn't work, but since I had the baby it has been perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now