Brands for trousers with 'decent' fabric

(7 Posts)
NumptyMum Sun 13-Nov-16 21:41:21

I really need to get some new work trousers, but I'm also on a really tight budget (ie around £40 max if possible). In the recent past - well, OK, 3 years ago - I got some work trousers from Next, but found it difficult to get ones that had a good 'weight' of fabric and hung well (I quite like the wide-legged type). Any recommendations for shops/brands to get a good pair of trousers, or do you think I need to stretch my budget and spend more? Oh, and they HAVE to be machine washable! No way can I buy something that needs dry cleaning...

Hassled Sun 13-Nov-16 21:46:30

Way more than your budget I'm afraid (more like £100) but I have some Reiss work trousers that have survived multiple machine washes and are absolutely great quality - especially in terms of weight of fabric.

NumptyMum Sun 13-Nov-16 21:48:40

Hmm - guess I could wait for a sale, but i was caught out with Reiss trousers years ago that were dry clean only... I thought I might get away with handwashing, but they shrank! blush

Haggisfish Sun 13-Nov-16 21:55:13

Rather randomly, these pin stripe joggers are actually really quite smart and a nice heavy material. m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0415877005.html

NumptyMum Sun 13-Nov-16 22:05:46

Thanks Haggis! There's an H&M that I go past on the way to work, might try to check those out tomorrow. I work for a charity, so smart-casual is fine; it's just I prefer not to iron stuff, which is why I don't want flimsy trousers... grin

cromwell44 Sun 13-Nov-16 22:22:12

I've just ordered three pairs from the sale section of Great Plains. They are well priced but I forgot to look whether they are washable, gah blush

NumptyMum Sun 13-Nov-16 22:31:05

I used to love Great Plains - I knew they'd fit etc, but then they changed the design of their trousers (at least for the jeans) which was a real shame as before then they were my go-to for shopping, at least in their sales! Having said that, I don't think I've ever had anything from them that required dry cleaning Cromwell, so hopefully you'll be in luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now