Sudocrem in hair

(11 Posts)
HedgehogHedgehog Sat 12-Nov-16 19:35:05

My son just ran his hands thru my hair and they were covered in sudocrem. My hair is now matted with sudocrem what should i do?!?! I now if you pyt water on it when its on soft furnishings it makes it worse so how do i get it out of my hair!??! please help me :-(

Scrowy Sat 12-Nov-16 19:38:49

Shampoo?

not helpful

AuditAngel Sat 12-Nov-16 19:40:43

Well, I use soap to remove it from my hands, so I would go for shampoo. Perhaps a harsher one like head and shoulders?

Lucked Sat 12-Nov-16 19:41:06

We have had all sorts in hair, when it's wet it looks clean but so greasy on drying. Washing up liquid is stronger than shampoo.

HedgehogHedgehog Sat 12-Nov-16 19:42:36

i couldnt get it off his hands with soap thats whats making me worry! The soap just made it worse, i had to use a rough towel to sort of scrape it off in the end. But thats not working on my hair :-( hope i dont end up having to cut my hair off. Ill try shampooing it.

HedgehogHedgehog Sat 12-Nov-16 19:43:08

oh thanks ill try washing up liquid thats a good idea!

Imnotaslimjim Sat 12-Nov-16 19:50:11

Washing up liquid but on dry hair. As you said, the water makes it worse as it causes the grease to float and separate and stick to whatever it was on.

TheSpottedZebra Sat 12-Nov-16 19:52:38

Yy to shampoo on dry hair, then try to wet it and wash out.

MrsLettuce Sat 12-Nov-16 19:54:05

Oten the only thing that shifts oil is oil . Peanut butter, like for getting chewing gum out of hair? Maybe. Or cooking oil, possibly. Then washing up liquid.

MrsLettuce Sat 12-Nov-16 19:54:55

A thin oil to shift a tick oil, is what I'm thinking of. Makes sense to me at least wink

cupofrooibos Sat 12-Nov-16 20:47:13

Try baking powder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now