What's your thoughts on these photos?

(24 Posts)
Dowser Sat 12-Nov-16 14:09:25

I think they are stunning

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3926872/Photographer-transforms-ordinary-women-glamorous-pin-ups-seductive-photoshoots-says-bring-best-beauty.html

I wouldn't mind some of the non lingerie shoots...just to keep on kidding myself.
Has anyone ever tried anything like this.

JanetStWalker Sat 12-Nov-16 14:23:47

Oh lawks, these are a bit naff aren't they confused

oldlaundbooth Sat 12-Nov-16 14:27:05

Cheeseballs.

polyhymnia Sat 12-Nov-16 14:28:07

Truly naff.

Bertucci Sat 12-Nov-16 14:33:15

My eyes! SO, SO naff.

GinAndOnIt Sat 12-Nov-16 14:38:28

The women are hardly recognisable because they've been edited so much. That's not so much bringing out their 'best beauty', but more changing them into a completely different person. Is it not okay to look 'ordinary'? confused

wibblewobble8 Sat 12-Nov-16 14:39:02

i like them, id quite like to go for the pamper experience. hair done make up done, some nice lingerie/clothes and then some photographic evidence of me looking really good. dont find them naff at all. but id expect that most of mn will look down their noses at it.

wibblewobble8 Sat 12-Nov-16 14:41:04

i look ordinary every day. Is it so bad to want to look glamorous for a change? Even if its not strictly realistic like every other celebrity photograph out there.

GinAndOnIt Sat 12-Nov-16 14:41:49

wibble I don't disagree with you on that. But all the heavy photoshopping so you can barely recognise yourself? Of course it's nice to have hair and makeup done, but I would still want to look like me (scars and all)

Doobigetta Sat 12-Nov-16 14:44:36

The first one is quite cool, but the others vary from naff to sleazy. And those "glamour" photoshoots always make me think you'd have to wear sweaty second hand stockings- euw.

JanetStWalker Sat 12-Nov-16 14:46:35

If I went to someone's house and they had one of those hung up on the wall there's a good chance I would literally piss myself laughing. grin

I suppose if you did it just for yourself to feel special and had a photo album (do they even exist these days?) to remember the day it would be fine, if that's the kind of thing you're into.

It is somewhat irksome though that everybody has to be a model these days.

hollinhurst84 Sat 12-Nov-16 15:16:23

I've done a few but for my job, not for myself if that makes sense? One of the photos I adore, I look like me and yeah it's been put on a canvas. It was my first published photo with me as a model so it's special to me
Some of the other stuff I do is more edgy or natural

neveradullmoment99 Sat 12-Nov-16 15:19:53

They are all beautiful the way they were before the photo!
I think the pictures look cheap and tarty. Nothing nice about them. Sorry!

hollinhurst84 Sat 12-Nov-16 15:22:03

Gin - you can ask. I have a bit of a clause about photoshop grin
Removing things that shouldn't be there, fine but I won't have my body shape altered
If you're the paying client then you should be able to get what you ask for from a good photographer
Sometimes I don't like the photos taken of me but I have to suck it up!

polyhymnia Sat 12-Nov-16 16:09:36

Yes, they all looked much better before.

BusterGonad Sat 12-Nov-16 16:19:31

I don't think they are naff, if I had one done of me I'd be walking on sunshine with the vision in my head of said photo feeling all confident and generally happier in my skin. I know they are photo shopped but if they bring joy to the people and help them feel happier who is it hurting? I like it.

Chewysweets Sat 12-Nov-16 16:33:50

How can you wear lingerie that someone else has worn!? I don't get it. Or do you not?

hollinhurst84 Sat 12-Nov-16 16:36:41

You generally don't!
You might wear a robe or a top or dress or chemise that someone else has worn or shoes or a corset or jewellery
Stockings are always new, lingerie will be your own. I have two huge suitcases stuffed with mine grin

ScarletForYa Sat 12-Nov-16 16:37:26

I like them. Gorgeous.

burnishedsilver Sat 12-Nov-16 16:50:11

Cringe.

Mamushka Sat 12-Nov-16 16:55:06

What would you actually do with the photos though? Put them in a cringey album? Husband's wank folder on laptop? Can't exactly frame them and put them on the wall as they're so cheesy and not really in keeping with modern home decor? Share them on Facebook to get hundreds of likes and "you look gawjus hun!" comments? Look at them every now and then to remind yourself how beautiful you are when styled, shot and excessively photoshopped by a professional photographer? I don't get it! confused

HmmmmBop Sat 12-Nov-16 17:15:45

I dont normally like this sort of thing, but I don't mind these.

HammersWidow Sat 12-Nov-16 17:18:19

I like them!

PurpleDaisies Sat 12-Nov-16 17:21:04

I prefer the before photos where they look like real people. So much photoshopping on the "glamorous" shots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now