Grrrr...M&S cancelled my order

(9 Posts)
jelly10 Sat 12-Nov-16 06:54:41

I've been waiting for a jacket to come into stock in my size online (no sign in any local stores) - yesterday it finally did, order went through, I started excitedly looking forward to collecting my parcel on Monday... and this morning I've woken up to an email saying they've cancelled the order because when they went to fulfil it the jacket wasn't there sad. Where had it gone I wonder?!
(I realise in the scheme of things this isn't a big deal but still sad)

BlueEyedWonder Sat 12-Nov-16 08:22:23

There online ordering is crap. I'm yet to order anything that doesn't go out of stock or fail to arrive by the delivery date they give.

jelly10 Sun 13-Nov-16 08:46:06

It's just so frustrating isn't it? You wade through all the junk they have, find the nice items, they never have them in the right size, then when it finally comes into stock - they cancel the order!

LIZS Sun 13-Nov-16 08:54:02

It was probably a return that got scanned incorrectly as the wrong size/colour/style. Or the system processes several orders at once and it had gone before yours was picked.

user1471539124 Sun 13-Nov-16 13:55:09

Frustrating isn't it but what Liz said is definitely what's happened. Whenever it's a low stock you should expect it to happen due to high volume orders being processed.

pericat Sun 13-Nov-16 14:00:41

My last order took 9 days to arrive! Apparently this was because I ordered on a weekend with 20% off. But as this was their offer, surely M&S could hire additional warehouse staff when they plan these offers? I was expecting their normal delivery time of 3-5 days. I won't bother again.

FledglingFTB Sun 13-Nov-16 14:10:18

You've just reminded me I'm supposed to have an order to collect today, no confirmation email...

Guitargirl Sun 13-Nov-16 14:25:44

I don't order online from M&S after I tried to order flowers for my Mum from there a few years ago. They took the payment and then when I had no confirmation email and I called to query it the woman on the phone basically told me that I was lying and that I would need to go into a branch with my bank statement as proof of purchase. That was the last time M&S had any of my online custom.

RicStar Sun 13-Nov-16 15:01:04

There online offer is terrible and there help folk are not enabled to be helpful. I have had a saga with them this week - resulting in me asking them to cancel an order and they still haven't done that properly. Definately feels like a business that has lost its way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now