Got £150 to spend, what should I buy?

(14 Posts)
QueenMortificado Fri 11-Nov-16 13:38:51

Have been given a pre-paid MasterCard which is basically like cash. Don't want it just to go on bills etc as usual.

I have a winter coat, I have loads of handbags.

I could do with some new winter boots but maybe that's boring. Maybe a nice dress for winter? Maybe a pair of brogues?

What would you buy for £150 - inspire me please!

Five2ate Fri 11-Nov-16 20:41:02

I would buy a pair of long fingerless gloves, casmere if I didn't want to buy anything else, lamsbwool if I did. Which I probably would so I'd also buy a nice calf length wool skirt and a merino wool jumper.

P1nkP0ppy Fri 11-Nov-16 20:47:53

I'd take a look at the Jaeger cashmere sweaters and cardigans in TKMaxx. They're reduced from £180+ to £40-60, absolutely beautiful and classic clothing.
Very, very tempting....😊

foodiefil Fri 11-Nov-16 20:50:32

I'd buy black leather riding boots from Kurt Geiger or similar - enjoy!

QueenMortificado Sat 12-Nov-16 13:26:15

Can I ask what the point is in fingerless gloves?

I have some black leather riding boots from Kurt Geiger so that is exactly the kind of suggestion I'm looking for! Exactly my style!

JanetStWalker Sat 12-Nov-16 14:49:54

Perfume, a really indulgent bottle!

BeaLola Sat 12-Nov-16 14:51:05

Boots or a bag from Russell & Bromley.

JanetStWalker Sat 12-Nov-16 15:06:19

A really stylish pair of sunglasses might be the way to go if you're that way inclined.

SuckingEggs Sat 12-Nov-16 15:11:47

Perfume or jewellery.

Five2ate Sat 12-Nov-16 17:04:06

Fingerless gloves are for indoors as my hands get a little cold and I can't do 'stuff' with full fingered gloves on (marigolds aside)

Also I am a showy ponce and like the look of them grin I would be very pleased with myself if I could waft around making cups of tea and reading books whilst wearing them

clary Sat 12-Nov-16 17:12:22

I came on to say new boots or a coat - really make a difference in the winter IMO. Also you get loads of wear out of them, unlike a special occasion dress etc.

If you need to be smart for work, a new dress for that would be good. I've just been in TK Maxx and they had some nice things. A Jaeger coat was gorgeous for £119 (too big tho) and lots of smart dresses for £30-£40.

This winter I have really splashed out and got not only a (much needed) new coat but also (ditto) long boots; then I also got a new suit for work and a totally unnecessary pair of ankle boots to wear with trousers which I do love.

Floisme Sat 12-Nov-16 17:21:08

If there was nothing I actually needed, I would put it towards something totally luxurious e.g. I'd save up some more, hang on till the sales or maybe Black Friday and then treat myself to some Brora cashmere.

Floisme Sat 12-Nov-16 17:55:55

Alternatively, for an extra £25-£50, some made-in-England Dr Martens, in oxblood.

SavageBeauty73 Mon 14-Nov-16 20:51:02

Cashmere and boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now