What can I buy from Zara?

(8 Posts)
LadyMetroland Thu 10-Nov-16 20:30:51

Have a gift card but can't find anything nice. Everything seems very cheaply made eg the coats weren't even lined! Literally just the thin material and nothing else.

Is there anything in Zara that's any good?

Namechangeemergency Thu 10-Nov-16 20:53:53

I went in on Monday.
I had high hopes of their thick leggings. They looked like you could wear them as trousers.
Unfortunately when I tried them on the waist band was already coming away at the seams.

I like the style of a lot of their stuff but that made me question the quality, even at the price.

I saw a lovely leopard print biker jacket though....I am very tempted. grin

VulvaInLaw Thu 10-Nov-16 21:01:01

Love their oversized scarfs and wraps, they have some nice plain cashmere ones I think?

whistlingkettle Thu 10-Nov-16 21:08:09

I like some of their knitwear, I've just bought a couple of their polo kneck & round neck jumpers. They've got turn back cuffs with little gold buttons on so a bit of detail to them. Great basic items to wear with jeans, really comfortable to wear & not too pricey either

W8woman Thu 10-Nov-16 21:08:29

Their embellished pieces are brilliant for the money. I still wear a sequin blazer I bought 10 years ago.

They have some great embroidered items this season which will let you do the Vitakin Russian peasant princess trend this winter without a big spend on something that you may find boring or ubiquitous in a few months' time.

I like their Chanel-style tweed jackets. If you change the buttons and have them tailored to fit they can look very expensive.

Good costume jewellery.

Good jeans if you have a spare afternoon to try every bloody pair.

I'm mostly a Joseph and Maxmara person so I hear you on the lack of quality fabric, but you need a few cheap one season wonders to give your timeless classics a lift.

LadyMetroland Fri 11-Nov-16 16:01:28

Went to a store today. Some success

W8woman - I found the tweed jackets. Lovely one in blue but didn't have my size unfortunately.

Found a few decent items :

Huge oversized cream scarf
Grey boucle coatigan, nicely cut
Gold top for Xmas parties
Grey long tunic jumper

Had to look hard, and couldn't find any non-skinny jeans, but voucher now successfully spent.

If I was in my twenties I'd be wearing their evening/party wear. A few nice items but sadly would look very wrong on me!

Florathefern Fri 11-Nov-16 16:11:38

I like coats have a lot of them so I'd buy a coat. They have very reasonably priced wool coats. The buttons WILL fall off so I'd advise sewing them before wearing as there is a high chance you'll lose buttons otherwise. If you can, avoid any with any sort of sequins/studs as they will fall off and leave holes in the fabric.

Another good thing might be something you won't wear every week - perhaps a skirt?

I'd avoid tops as they are usually even worse quality. I'd avoid the jeans as they sag terribly and the dye literally runs out of them.

I find them good for children's clothes. You will get a lot for your money as long as you don't hope to pass them down to younger children. I'd avoid children's nightwear as it is particularly bad.

MakingMyWayThroughTown Fri 11-Nov-16 16:14:04

I got a long, thick, padded coat from there and I absolutely love it. But I agree, I don't rate a lot of their stuff. Glad you got your voucher spent though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now