Best stay-put mascara for daughter's wedding December 2016

(8 Posts)
feralcat19 Thu 10-Nov-16 07:34:07

That's it really. I had LVL lashes done last month and they're great but my eyes are quite 'gritty' at the moment so I don't think I'll get them done again for the wedding in case I have a reaction.

So....... I need a mascara which doesn't budge all day in spite of the inevitable tears of joy.

No budget, I just to need to find one that actually WORKS!! If it volumises as well, even better!

PrancingQueen Thu 10-Nov-16 09:03:42

I'd get a tubing mascara OP.
Even waterproof ones don't stay put on me, but tubing mascaras don't budge until you wash them off with warm water.
The one I like the best is from Clinique - sorry can't remember the name.
Enjoy the wedding!

thecapitalsunited Thu 10-Nov-16 09:11:25

I wore Mac Zoom Waterfast Lash to my nan's funeral a month back and it didn't move at all. It's also a massive pain to get off like all waterproof mascaras.

HeyMacWey Thu 10-Nov-16 09:11:47

Yes to tubing - the clinique one is called lash power long-wear mascara.

FenellaMaxwell Thu 10-Nov-16 09:13:29

Lancôme hypnose is great for that - I've worn it to several weddings now!

HurricaneSwallows Thu 10-Nov-16 09:18:03

What's a tubing mascara?

OP I use a few spots of baby oil to get rid of my mascara. Doesn't irritate and I have very sensitive eyes

HeyMacWey Thu 10-Nov-16 09:30:11

Tubing mascara is made from a different formula so the mascara kind of shrink wraps itself round the individual eyelash - when it comes off it looks like little tubes.
Only comes off with warm water, but doesn't smudge or come off with tears or sweat or rubbing.
It's magic grin

feralcat19 Thu 10-Nov-16 14:25:21

Great suggestions everyone. I'm going to give the Clinique one a try and see how I get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now