Knee high boots - yes or no?

(12 Posts)
Notcontent Tue 08-Nov-16 19:26:00

I have been wearing ankle boots for the last few years - only dragging out some old knee high boots when it was really cold. I currently don't have any knee high boots but I am thinking of buying some.

Yes or no? Will I look frumpy?

SellFridges Tue 08-Nov-16 19:27:06

I've just started wearing mine again. Feels lovely and warm!

QueenOfTheNaps Tue 08-Nov-16 19:30:44

Yes and yes. I actually just got some amazing suede mid thigh boots. Love them

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 08-Nov-16 20:22:19

Love knee highs. I would.

SuperFlyHigh Tue 08-Nov-16 20:35:33

I love them and wear them to death in winter all styles and colours. My faves are a dune black suede fleece wool lined pair I picked up either half price or with a hefty chunk off rrp.

I knew I had a sort of fetish with boots
when I mentioned I liked them at work to a female coworker and she said "I noticed!"

Still regretting not buying a green leather and suede pair from office about 4 years ago, got the navy ones which are lovely.

In fact if anyone sees any nice coloured suede boots pls tell me!

Advice0nscarplease Tue 08-Nov-16 20:35:52

Love knee highs with short skirts and opaques. I like some knee highs over jeans but this look can look frumpy if you don't get it quite right

SuperFlyHigh Tue 08-Nov-16 20:37:06

The ones I draw the line at and don't care if they're trendy are over the knee boots I don't want to look like a pirate or an extra in a panto (girl dressed as boy) slapping me thighs and all that! grin

SuperFlyHigh Tue 08-Nov-16 20:37:58

Agreed Advice re boots over jeans but I sometimes think fuck it and do it even if they don't look quite right.

Advice0nscarplease Tue 08-Nov-16 20:38:35

I've just ordered these www.valverdebotas.com/es/botas/16-bota-kate-urbana.html inspired by another thread on here

SuperFlyHigh Tue 08-Nov-16 20:39:10

Ps new faves are Clarks black knee high with buckles got half price in TK maxx they're a size bigger as labelled wrongly but as I can be a 4.5 this doesn't matter too much. So comfy!

Advice0nscarplease Tue 08-Nov-16 20:39:48

Oh and these will be worn with opaques and short skirts, jumper dresses. Probably not over jeans although will see how they look when they arrive

SuperFlyHigh Tue 08-Nov-16 20:41:58

Mais oui mais oui Advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now