Dry skin on face

(6 Posts)
Pinklemonade16 Mon 07-Nov-16 11:50:41

Hi ladies bit of advice please. Over the last week the skin on my face has gone very dry, I have dry skin everywhere even under my eyelids, round my mouth nose cheeks. So much that I can pick skin off. I've never had this before and never had excema or anything like that? Not used any different products I don't know what's going on please help..!!

OhPuddleducks Mon 07-Nov-16 11:54:54

I get this on my eyelids if I am the drinking enough water. It's horrible. I'm prone to psoriasis and eczema so have to watch my skin generally. Try a bit of e45 or similar round your eyelids/eyes and maybe some skin oil (I use number 7) for the rest of your face. And get slugging the water!

bojorojo Mon 07-Nov-16 13:48:01

E45 definitely for starters. I find Elemis products good too. Water: yes. I am also very affected by hard water in the shower, so we now have a water softener. Use moisturiser every night and always during the day.

burnishedsilver Mon 07-Nov-16 14:29:15

Show it to your pharmacist. He/she might suggest seeing the gp.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 07-Nov-16 14:39:58

Milk!

Seriously, soak a flannel in milk and rub it over your dry bits ,rinse off, then moisturise. Works a treat for winter skin.

sksk Mon 07-Nov-16 21:06:35

Cerave moisturiser is very good for the skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now