Professional waxing - worth it?

(6 Posts)
Ditsyprint40 Sun 06-Nov-16 10:57:00

I've started waxing my legs instead of shaving, have done 2 cycles, but my legs still look pretty rubbish (missed patches and hairs growing through at different rates). I'm put off going to have it done professionally just because of the time/convinience factor, but would I be getting a much better result?

chocoshopoholic Sun 06-Nov-16 11:06:04

I get a much better result from a professional wax than when doing my own. I have got better myself overtime too.

I usually get a professional every 6 months or so, and so them twice myself in the interim.

Ditsyprint40 Sun 06-Nov-16 11:09:42

That's a good plan choco

botemp Sun 06-Nov-16 11:16:37

Yep, far less painful too. Though depending on how much they charge at some point professional laser/IPL becomes a better investment. I need to go every 4-6 weeks if waxing (I only do it in summer, epilate in winter instead) where laser would be every 6-8 weeks (shaving in between grim) at 2-3x the cost of waxing but I'd only need to go about 6-8 times and hopefully be hair free after that.

Ditsyprint40 Sun 06-Nov-16 11:59:03

Does epilating get any less painful? 😳

botemp Sun 06-Nov-16 14:35:59

Yes and no. If you come to it from waxing it's usually growing in different cycles so you're just catching less hairs at a time (I do it once a week or so) so I find it very manageable as it's not a full body attack, even do the bikini area which I never thought I'd do. Meanwhile armpits are a no go area, it's not worth the pain (hot waxing them is brilliant though).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now