Castor oil is amazing!

(12 Posts)
pabstblueribbon Sat 05-Nov-16 21:20:14

My eyebrows are very thin due to overplucking when I was a teenager and I had nearly given up hope of them ever growing despite trying for ages. I've been using castor oil for 5 days now and my eyebrows are growing in areas where I didn't realise there were hair follicles!

I can't recommend it enough. Got mine from Holland and Barrett

dudsville Sat 05-Nov-16 21:40:33

What in the world do you do with it to make your eyebrows grow and do you have before and after pics? ??

CurtainsforRonnie Sat 05-Nov-16 21:41:35

Please dont say you have to drink it.

pabstblueribbon Sat 05-Nov-16 23:02:40

I wish I'd taken before pics but I didn't realise it would work! You just rub it onto your eyebrows before bed and it honestly works. I read about it in a magazine but didn't really believe it. No drinking involved thankfully smile

Maraki Sun 06-Nov-16 08:40:16

Thanks. The lady who threaded my eyebrows yesterday recommended it to me too. She also told me not to rub it on my hands as I will start growing hairs on my fingers?! 🤔

mudandmayhem01 Sun 06-Nov-16 08:47:38

Interesting, the scientist in me thinks how can this possibly work, although I would love it to as I have thin eyebrows. Does the oil just make the hair look thicker? If it did miraculously make hair grow it be more widely used as hair loss is a massive issues for millions of men and women throughout the world.

prettywhiteguitar Sun 06-Nov-16 09:17:02

That's it this like the third thread on castor oil

Baa baaa I'm off out to buy some !

My eyebrows have been slowly slowly getting thicker but they need help !

pabstblueribbon Sun 06-Nov-16 10:02:49

I don't think it's just a case of the oil making them look thicker because I can actually see new hairs growing. I was sceptical but I'm really impressed!

squoosh Sun 06-Nov-16 13:58:38

It worked for me. Follicles that haven't sprouted a hair since the late 90s are now coming back to life. It isn't a speedy process though. Was probably a month before I noticed any new growth.

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 06-Nov-16 16:12:15

Surely the bit about not rubbing it into your hands is madness, though, because there are no hair follicles on your palms and hair needs a follicle to grow?

Nepotism Sun 06-Nov-16 16:19:47

I found the same with coconut oil. Did bugger all for my face except make me spotty and smell of biscuits, but I've gone from a seventies teenager to Dennis Healey in a few weeks.

I used jamaican castor oil on thin areas on my daughters hairline. It definitely helped. I'll start using on myself too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now