New boots, worst blisters, help!

(14 Posts)
MonkeyPoozzled76 Sat 05-Nov-16 19:28:20

I very extravagantly purchased myself a beautiful pair of Church's Chelsea boots, a bargain from Bicester village I've worn them for an hour today and have no skin left on either heel!

No indication in the shop or briefly at home that they'd do this and took them off the minute I could. I've soaked my feet in TCP, ouch, but what to do about the boots?

Does anyone have any idea about softening the heels or stretching them slightly? Size up was like flippers on me. Not sure I can return them now I've worn them outside. The most expensive shoes I've ever owned and the thought of putting them back on makes me want to cry!

Thanks grin

cardoon Sat 05-Nov-16 19:43:19

Wait til your heels heal and then try them for short distances with plasters already in place - going through the same thing with a pair of Cheaneys sad

ReluctantlyRedundant101 Sat 05-Nov-16 20:12:17

Gel heels you get them in Boots/ Superdrug they'll stop them slipping up & down

CMOTDibbler Sat 05-Nov-16 20:15:13

Two things will help - blister prevention stick from Boots (magic stuff, I use it a lot) and while they break in, Thousand mile socks. The double layer makes them rub on themselves, not you

happydays00 Sat 05-Nov-16 20:21:29

You can buy a stretching spray from Timpsons - I would try that with a pair of blister plasters on each heel and good socks and see if you can tolerate them whilst you wear them in a bit

hareOrRabbit Sat 05-Nov-16 21:49:53

compeed blister plasters over the areas that rub(after you have healed now) plus thicker socks than normal.

abbsismyhero Sat 05-Nov-16 21:52:58

are they leather? use vaseline on the inside

PinkiePiesCupcakes Sat 05-Nov-16 21:57:21

If theyre leather you could heat them up with a hairdrier and walk and flex them, should stretch them a little.

MonkeyPoozzled76 Sat 05-Nov-16 23:19:03

Thanks all! I'm going to try a few of suggestions above, I'm thinking wait for heels to heal, stretching spray, plasters, thousand mile socks and heating!

Just need to solve the problem of what to put on my feet for Sunday dinner tomorrow, only thing that can currently stand are flip flops.....its a bit cold!

Follyfoot Sat 05-Nov-16 23:20:45

Compeed blister plasters are amazing, whatever you do to stretch the boots, put them on your heels to help them ...um... heal

PNGirl Sat 05-Nov-16 23:55:44

Stretch spray with 2 pairs of thick socks round the house. Still wear plasters after that for a few wears.

Silverstreaks Sun 06-Nov-16 09:56:33

Compeed plasters right now. They are magic. You'll be able to wear your boots straight away.
As mentioned by CMOT double layer socks work really well, but may be too thick.

FrogTime Sun 06-Nov-16 09:59:04

I third compeed plasters. Magical beings.

As for socks Bridgedale are hands down the best, although about £13 a pair are well worth it and I swear by them for walking and working. More pairs are on my Xmas list!

Bejazzled Sun 06-Nov-16 10:51:55

Two pairs of socks works well. Wear a thinner pair close to your skin and any friction is minimised. This even worked for DS on DoE yomp 🙂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now