am i too old?

(36 Posts)
raymondothegreat Fri 04-Nov-16 22:35:34

I am 32 years old and I have long brown hair it comes to the top off my butt. My question is am I too old to have my hair that long? Everyone I asked say no don't be silly. I like my hair and I always get complements on it. But I'm not sure if its one of those things I will look back on and think wtf was I thinking? I need some I partial advise pls

girlwithamoonandstaronherhead Fri 04-Nov-16 22:38:59

I love long hair on all ages. I think it's really special.

Phoenix76 Fri 04-Nov-16 22:40:46

I'm 40 and also have hair as long as yours. I'm not giving it up and I wouldn't care if anyone did say I'm too old! It makes me look younger (I've stood in front of the mirror playing around to see what it would look like shorter and it ages me!). I say, if you like it as it is keep it as it is!

wooooofudge Fri 04-Nov-16 22:56:54

I think it looks childish if I am brutally honest. How much time do you spend looking after it? How do you style it and what do you do with it if you want to do something active/keep it out of the way.

storynanny Fri 04-Nov-16 23:00:25

I thought you were going to be old not 32! Ive just had my long hair cut off to chin level and i am 60
Have your hair however you like and whatever style that makes you feel good about yourself.

CallarMorvern Fri 04-Nov-16 23:05:34

I cut my waist length hair to my shoulders when I was 30, not really because of my age, but I got sick of the maintenance. I did regret it though and wish I'd kept it a bit longer. I love long hair, there's a lady I see in town has really long white hair, she's much, much older than 30 and looks fab.
If you are happy with it, then your age is irrelevant.

burnishedsilver Fri 04-Nov-16 23:46:33

Tbh I don't like hair that long at any age. It's a bit overpowering. It takes over all the other aspects of the person so you just see the hair.

HandbagAtDawn Fri 04-Nov-16 23:50:50

Have your hair however you want. What are you worried about? The hair police?

mudandmayhem01 Fri 04-Nov-16 23:54:38

No is the simple answer to all these am I too old? s&b threads, the correct question is do I like it or does it suit me?

SuperPug Fri 04-Nov-16 23:56:56

Do you like it? If so, who cares about whether it's young, old etc.? I think it can look beautiful, as long as it's in good condition.

Sweetandsour93 Sat 05-Nov-16 00:58:57

I love long hair and you're only 32! As long as you're happy with it is keep it. It's very easy to have your hair cut but not easy to grow it back.

Cherryskypie Sat 05-Nov-16 01:12:04

I find hair that long really creepy on anyone over the age of 10.

Cherryskypie Sat 05-Nov-16 01:13:38

I actually find it quite creepy on children too but just blame their parents for it when they're little.

oldlaundbooth Sat 05-Nov-16 01:16:28

I honestly think really long hair looks bad at any age. Looks scruffy.

catinbooots Sat 05-Nov-16 01:19:15

If it's thick and lush - keep it.

After my hair gets past my bra strap I look like a witch. It gets all tatty and tendrily. <jel>

BusterGonad Sat 05-Nov-16 04:30:11

I could not be bothered to look after long long hair, it would drive me insane. What on earth do you do with it?

BitOutOfPractice Sat 05-Nov-16 04:49:49

I will start my comment by saying I have long (shoulder blade length) hair and I'm a bit older than you. But. When I see a person over 12 with hair as long as yours I always think "that woman is trying to say something". I'm not sure what but it's such a statement. I suspect it's "look at me I'm still young".

But if you love it, keep it. Like a pp said I couldn't be bothered to look after it.

BitOutOfPractice Sat 05-Nov-16 04:51:14

And just to add, I hope you get it trimmed. So often hair like that is really scrappy at the ends wren I see it

BusterGonad Sat 05-Nov-16 04:56:57

I'm inclined to agree with you Abitoutof.

user1471545174 Sat 05-Nov-16 06:49:35

I'm not a fan of super long hair even on children, as PP said it becomes a "thing".

At your age Duchess of Cambridge length hair would look nice?

Ohyesiam Sat 05-Nov-16 08:33:31

I think the only reason to cut your hair with age is when it changes texture, and looks like a thatch around menopause. And even then some people can really rock it.
Stick with it if you get pleasure from your long hair, please don't cut it.

raymondothegreat Sat 05-Nov-16 10:02:19

thanks for all your comments. I do have It trimmed every 6 weeks and I don't find it high maintenance at all I just use more products on it. And when I can't be bothered with it or am doing something like exercising etc I just put it up. I have had a giggle reading everyone's thoughts on it. I guess I don't want to look like I'm trying to be younger mutton dressed as lamb so to speak but Lmao I didn't realise pp found it creepy that was a news to me thanks again

Mrsmaudwatts Sat 05-Nov-16 11:00:41

Totally agree with mud. Age is irrelevant. I know one person with hair as long as yours. I've noticed it but not really given it much thought! Too busy worrying about my own birds nest. If you like it, keep it as it is! Maybe put a white streak in it to seriously creep out those who find it creepy. wink

P1nkP0ppy Sat 05-Nov-16 11:08:07

IT depends on how well maintained it is. Long, straggly, greasy hair is gross.

dudsville Sat 05-Nov-16 12:18:00

I was going to say it's about 1) the condition, 2) good maintenance, 3) whether it has the capacity to be long or is too thin for that, and 4) whether it suits you, etc., it's not about age. I saw a pretty young woman on the bus yesterday with hair just a little shorter than yours and the ends were straggly and generally it was thin hair that I thought struggled to grow that long, and I thought more about those things than I should have!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now