Liquid eyeliner that doesn't budge

(29 Posts)
Dinosaur1991 Fri 04-Nov-16 20:55:41

I'm after a black liquid/gel eyeliner that doesn't transfer to my upper eyelid. I seem to have really oily eyelids and every eyeliner I've tried just becomes a blurry mess sad
I'm currently using the Illamasqua presision ink one and that's not to bad but still smudges. Any recommendations?

SirChenjin Fri 04-Nov-16 20:58:04

I don't have a recommendation for a liquid eyeliner, sorry, but have you tried using a primer first? My eye makeup stays put all day with Urban Decay's primer (comes in a little purple tube - brilliant stuff)

MoonHare Fri 04-Nov-16 21:01:35

Body shop liquid eyeliner

ZacharyQuack Fri 04-Nov-16 21:06:15

You could try setting the liner with a powder eyeshadow. Use a thin angled brush to press a black eyeshadow over the liquid liner. This might stop it smudging. If you're happy with that result, you can try using different coloured or sparkly eyeshadows to change the look of your liner.

ZacharyQuack Fri 04-Nov-16 21:07:01

Or try Kat Von D's tattoo liner in Trooper, that stuff doesn't budge.

microsnake Fri 04-Nov-16 21:08:32

i like the smashbox waterproof here liquid liner

Catdogcat Fri 04-Nov-16 21:13:10

Kat Von D tattoo liner is great. I also have very oily eyelids and it doesn't budge.

Gullane Fri 04-Nov-16 22:14:02

Oh MAC's waterproof eyeliner. Comes in a tiddly tube and is applied with a brush. Utterly brilliant...only comes off with olive oil on a cotton pad.

Cheesymonster Sat 05-Nov-16 09:25:57

I use Rimmel Glam Eyes which doesn't transfer like others I've tried.

Lonelynessie Sat 05-Nov-16 12:36:02

Yep, Kat Von D Tattoo liner is brilliant. I wore it in +35 degree heat this summer and even went for swim in the sea and it didn't budge!

Queenbean Sat 05-Nov-16 12:37:43

I have the same problem, I use the Rimmel waterproof one which stays

It's only a fiver too

fabled.com/rimmel-exaggerate-liquid-eyeliner-black-25g-326019011?gclid=CM62nODQkdACFVAz0wodeUIHmw

luciole15 Sat 05-Nov-16 12:40:13

Guerlain. Comes in a beautiful bottle too.

Currently I use Maybelline tattoo eyeshadows applied with a fine brush.

Bobbi Brown has a new one out. A bit sparkly too which is nice. In a tube. The solid one with brush runs for me.

Going to check out the Kat von D Tattoo. Sounds perfect!

Madlizzy Sat 05-Nov-16 12:40:57

m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=%2Fen%2FSEVENTEEN-Semi-Permanent-Liquid-Eyeliner-Tattoo-Me_1361790%2F

annabanana23 Sat 05-Nov-16 13:42:21

I love Avon always on point

isitnotsummeryet Sat 05-Nov-16 13:49:22

i've just got the septoria one as i have exactly the same issue OP, it's brilliant, and not expensive either!

Dinosaur1991 Sat 05-Nov-16 13:50:14

Thank you everyone! A lot of good suggestions here! Feeling hopeful that I'll find one that stays put smile

Thatwaslulu Sat 05-Nov-16 13:50:42

Collection do one that's waterproof and doesn't budge, it's in a little blue bottle but can't remember what it's called.

auldfuckingspinster Sat 05-Nov-16 18:50:27

GOSH from super drug doesn't shift without heavy duty eye make up remover.

JaceLancs Sat 05-Nov-16 18:51:38

I have an Estée Lauder one that doesn't shift at all

Shannonreanne123 Sat 05-Nov-16 18:56:58

In my experience I am a make up artist btw... I'd deffintly say they're real eyeliner by benefit is by far the best eyeliner I have ever come across its slightly angled too make life easier! It is also waterproof hope this helps x

Judydreamsofhorses Sat 05-Nov-16 20:35:12

Kat Von D's tattoo liner. I have tried hundreds of different ones, all smudgy, until someone brought me one of these back from the US a few years ago. I ended up bulk buying the next time I went, and now the brand is sold in Debenhams.

Yourface Wed 09-Nov-16 08:18:36

Can I ask a Kat Von D question?

I have OP's problem after years of successful no7 use, aging and sagging, greasy eyelid is working against it. I used another cheaper brand that claims to be 'tattoo' no budge style and yes it didn't budge. However, it took so long to dry I kept assuming it was dry, relaxing my eyes and getting it all over my upper eyelids.

So the question in short is, does Kat Von D take ages to dry? I don't want to spend all that on an eyeliner to find that out?

TobleroneBoo Wed 09-Nov-16 08:23:42

How liquid are we talking? Like dipping in a pot?

If you are happy with a "pen" then I wholeheartedly recommend Stila stay all day.
I researched it after I was sick of smudges. My eyes water whenever I laugh so it was happening a lot - haven't looked back since i bought this and you can get it from boots ( I think) m&s, asos etc

FinnFamilyMoomintroll Wed 09-Nov-16 08:29:01

Another recommendation for the MAC stuff here - it's impossible to get it off even when you're really trying!

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 09-Nov-16 08:50:28

Benefit they're real. I had the same problem as my upper lids are starting to droop and colour transfers easily. I used urban decay primer which stopped the transfer.

However on another note I was noticing that as my eyes were looking more hooded, wearing liquid eyeliner was just making my eyes look piggier and less wide awake and open. I've since ditched wearing liquid eyeliner and look much better as a result. Has anyone else experienced this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now