Help I need new tops but I don't where to look

(6 Posts)
ByJoveItsAGoodUn Fri 04-Nov-16 19:32:53

Hoping you guys can help..
I've got to get new clothes.. Mine are mostly at least 3 years old. I haven't bought or thought about nice new clothes for about 3 years because I've been either pregnant, fat from pregnancy, or having no money to buy new things.
Now have a new job and all my work clothes are at least 5 years old.
Outside of work i wear dungarees and vests or t shirts in summer. Now it's colder i need more thsn that. I have 3 lovely patterned skirts that i have nothing vto wear with - a leopard print one, a purple patchwork (joe brown) one and a red with lots of white stars on one.
Where on earth can i get tops to go with the skirts? Some need to be work friendly, some can be casual. I see cold shoulders are a thing now. They are shit. For work I want tight fitting but smart and not boring tops. For casual i want fun and tight fitting.
I'm a 10/12 up top with massive boobs. 12/14 around the middle. And i'm late thirties so don't want to look like a teenager. Dont want to spend a lot of money.
Where do i go??

Florathefern Fri 04-Nov-16 20:54:21

Are the skirts suitable for work?

Personally they all sound quite busy to me so if you intend to wear to work, I'd wear with a plain crew neck jumper. Zara have very reasonable ones. They won't last forever but you could buy in a few different colours to make different outfits.

H&M is worth a browse for plain work trousers and simple button down shirts. Add a few accessories - a scarf and heels and you can look polished on a budget.

I find dresses easier to wear as you are completely dressed in one. I'd get a plain navy ir black dress - Cos is great for dresses that hide stomachs. A few different coloured scarves, a little jewellery and you are ready.

girlwithamoonandstaronherhead Fri 04-Nov-16 22:37:06

La redoute do lovely and reasonably priced plain long sleeve tops, as well as lots of other nice things. They also have good offers quite often.

ByJoveItsAGoodUn Sat 05-Nov-16 09:10:24

Flora - the skirts could be for work. They are busy but i like busy, cant bear plain stuff. Last time i went in h and m (5,6 yrs ago?) the shirts had a horrendous fit.way too big on the back and wouldn't do up over my bust. Has the sizing changed?

Girl - i will look at la redoute, thanks.

Sadik Sat 05-Nov-16 09:48:00

When I was looking for long-sleeve tops last year I ended up at surfdome which has a good range from all different brands. (More casual, so probably more for out of work)

Turbinaria Sat 05-Nov-16 17:36:53

For casual a dark denim shirt would go with all of those skirts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now