Ruddy Boden!! (random discounting)

(9 Posts)
Laska5772 Fri 04-Nov-16 13:36:55

So yesterday I order a jumper, today its 25% off!! (I got 20% off yesterday , but its an extra fiver but call me mean if you want , but I am not standing for that ) so Ive ordered it again.. Ah well they will be paying the postage, as at least one if them will be returned, and maybe both if i dont like it .. Why cant they see that their random discounting strategy is just costing them in the end..

acurtis1234 Fri 04-Nov-16 14:04:30

Why didn't you just call them and ask them to honour the new discount and refund the difference?

I've done it before with Boden, and also recently with some boots I bought at John Lewis the day before the House of Fraser price match started. Oh, and did it via online chat with Gap when they released the 40% VIP discount recently after I'd used a 25% off code.

As you say, it is in their interests not to post out more items, and if use any discount you're a better customer than someone not buying at all.

captaincunt Fri 04-Nov-16 14:06:03

Yes just call them I did it with currys for £150 difference and they were fine.

Nanasueathome Fri 04-Nov-16 14:06:05

You can get them in live chat.
I do this and they always refund the difference or credit it to your account

Laska5772 Fri 04-Nov-16 14:15:09

oh didnt think of that ? I will thanks

Laska5772 Fri 04-Nov-16 14:21:09

oh youre right! thanks for that , but sadly it too late as its been processed already.. but ill remember that if it happens again

SuckingEggs Fri 04-Nov-16 14:24:21

They'll give you account credit wink

SuckingEggs Fri 04-Nov-16 14:24:52

If you do it now I mean.

Laska5772 Fri 04-Nov-16 14:33:35

Too late this time it seems (as its in the warehouse system even though its not been dispatched) ... I rang them and they said just send the more expensive one back , but ill know next time, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now