Does anyone know a dupe for MAC Relentlessly Red?

(16 Posts)
Lottapianos Thu 03-Nov-16 13:45:18

I absolutely love the colour - its one of my favourites ever. I just cannot be doing with the formula anymore - its absolutely dreadful. Its seriously drying and shows up every crack and flake on my lips. No matter how well I exfoliate my lips or how well I take care of them, this lipstick makes them look like crap within a couple of hours

So I'm looking for the same / similar colour but in a more wearable formula, don't care if its matte or more satin. Budget is negotiable

Thanks smile

LokisLover Thu 03-Nov-16 14:27:48

Have you tried Mac red? It's one of their satin lipsticks.

Lottapianos Thu 03-Nov-16 15:22:41

I know the colour you mean Lokis and its more of a straightforward red. I'm looking for the pinky-reddy with a dash of blue that you get from Relentlessly Red. To be honest, I'm looking to move away from MAC - I find their lipsticks awfully drying, even the non-matte ones

Milkycocopops Thu 03-Nov-16 15:25:02

Have you tried kiko lipsticks? I've moved from Mac to Kiko because I like the quality and significantly lower prices. Oh! And nicer staff.

Featherhead Thu 03-Nov-16 15:28:53

Have you tried Topshop Rio Rio?

Lottapianos Thu 03-Nov-16 15:35:27

Yes Milky, big fan of Kiko. I have a couple of their lipsticks and am wearing one today! I have Velvet Passion in 310 which is the nearest colour I have found to MAC's RR but still not quite there

Featherhead, that does look like a nice colour, I'll take a look next time I'm in Topshop

cardoon Thu 03-Nov-16 17:49:50

I love Mac RR colour but also hate how it wears, My dupe is Avon Ravishing Rose perfectly matte, much better texture and lasts well, Lots of other lovely colours too

LifeLong13 Thu 03-Nov-16 17:54:10

Chanel Allure velvet lipstick in La Malicieuse. It's £26 but I swear by it!

microsnake Thu 03-Nov-16 17:54:50

urban decay have a new range of lipsticks that are great, will see what they have similar to this

Lottapianos Thu 03-Nov-16 19:23:02

Thanks LifeLong. I am tempted by Chanel lippy. Do you think its worth the price tag?

ZacharyQuack Thu 03-Nov-16 19:37:36

Try Temptalia's Dupe List - here

ZacharyQuack Thu 03-Nov-16 19:38:51

Also, try googling "mac relentlessly red dupe" and there are quite a few links.

FrustratedFrugal Thu 03-Nov-16 20:08:14

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet is really nice (I have several), one of my favorite lipstick formulas, but they are prone to breakage and you can find just as nice a texture and consistency at Kiko. Their Velvet Passion Matte feels high end and costs 10.90 (cheaper in EU). Their seasonal collections are also fab and full of beautiful classic reds.

FrustratedFrugal Thu 03-Nov-16 20:20:50

Sorry Lottapianos, you are probably wearing the Kiko shade I was thinking of right now wink I really like the Chanel formula but found out the hard way that I can't keep the Rouge Allure Velvets in my handbag - they are a bit fragile and two of them have broken. Chanel Coco Rouges are very durable and I have one of them with me always, but their texture is not as lush. Nars Audacious is pretty good too. And Rouge d'Armani is probably the least hyped about really great lipstick I have tried.

Lottapianos Thu 03-Nov-16 20:37:32

Wow, thanks for the link Zachary. And thanks for the tip Frustrated, I may give Chanel a swerve and try NARS, as well as sticking with Kiko! Having had another look at my Kiko dupe for RR, I think it's actually pretty damn close so I'll stick with it for now, it's a lovely lipstick. I do like the look of the Guerlain lipstick in Zachary's link too. Beauty is an expensive habit!

Elfbolt Thu 03-Nov-16 23:34:24

Nars Luxembourg is very similar and has a lovely light formula - it's a satin lip pencil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now