I need a waterproof mascara that works

(11 Posts)
taytotayto111 Wed 02-Nov-16 21:14:54

I don't know why but over the years my eyelashes have become oily or something because every mascara I used gives me panda eyes by the end of the day. I've tried lots of high and low end waterproof mascaras and nothing seems to work. Granted I have really long lashes and I wear glasses so I wonder if that's the problem.
Anyway I found a cheap mascara in Boots that worked but when I repurchased it last month it's now smudging.
I've bought 3 mascaras in a month all useless.
Can I have your advice and recommendations please. I love mascara but dare use it now.

wooooofudge Wed 02-Nov-16 21:28:33

Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara? I never wear mascara on my lower lashes to avoid panda eyes, but I have dark lashes.

Hepzibar Wed 02-Nov-16 21:31:02

Clinique powerlash. I've tried them all (recommended on here). Still keep coming back to this one.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 02-Nov-16 21:32:53

Maybelline Great Lash

No 7 intense volume

Both really fab waterproofs.

LuckySantangelo1 Wed 02-Nov-16 21:37:15

Have you tired a tubing mascara? I have a similar problem as you & the solution was tubing mascara; it doesn't smudge at all. I use a Clinique one & it's fab.

ShoesieQ Wed 02-Nov-16 21:39:35

Another vote for Clinque - it's the only one that works for me

thethoughtfox Wed 02-Nov-16 21:42:58

I too have the greasy eyes. Diorshow Iconic in waterproof. Incredible false looking eyelashes that don't even smudge in the shower or in the jungle ( honeymoon in Thailand)

Ohchristmastreeohchristmastree Thu 03-Nov-16 06:33:17

Maybelline lash sensational (waterproof) is good. Actually builds lashes and is really waterproof - in a bit of a crier so need this.
I also like Ekko black magic, but it's more £££.

taytotayto111 Thu 03-Nov-16 21:49:31

Thanks everyone I've got lots to try xx

Nicketynac Thu 03-Nov-16 22:24:09

Look for smudge proof rather than waterproof. Lots of effective eye makeup removers are oil based so your oily lids will do the same job.
I was googling this yesterday and Loreal Volume Millions was getting good write up, as were lots of Asian brands that I had never heard of.
The tubing mascaras are good but personally I hate removing them. The clumps make me feel a bit uneasy. Not sure why.

BusterGonad Fri 04-Nov-16 04:54:25

Diorshow. I don't wear mine as it's impossible to remove so if you want staying power that's your baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now