Find me a casual but not casual outfit for glitzy event

(3 Posts)
JohnCrane Wed 02-Nov-16 19:33:02

I'm going to a red carpet event soon and I want to look nice but not ball gowny. It's the type of thing where the celebs etc will be wearing really amazing dresses but if you aren't a celeb you'll look a right twat for trying to look too smart and thinking you are like a celeb/that anyone is interested in taking your photograph. So I need a dress/outfit that looks both smart and casual at the same time. That I could feasibly have worn to work then put on some great shoes and effortlessly become amazing IYSWIM. I have one dress like this that i wear to everything ever but it's rather summery. Budget is low. Am about 5 '7, size 8 VERY flat chested and massive thighs (so don't really like wearing short stuff) but have a good waist, stomach and décolletage (sorry to use that poncy word)

OCSockOrphanage Wed 02-Nov-16 20:26:45

A grand evening coat in your favourite colours with an equally spectacular lining. You will throw it over posh day clothes for evermore, and just change shoes and earrings. Job done.

OCSockOrphanage Wed 02-Nov-16 20:33:48

Buy once, and wear it for the rest of your life. E bay may throw up something but I suspect you need to invest time or money to deliver on this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now